Low mouse sensitivity, movement stops during quick turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    MX400, I have the exact same problem. Mouse will choke halfway if I slide it too fast.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Logitech G5 and no I have not tried another mouse. I have a standard hp one somewhere I could try. But yea it is getting very frustrating and making me not want to play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is very strange. What mouse are you using? Have you tried a different mouse?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here I have uploaded 2 videos. The first one is showing me dragging the mouse across my pad completely in a slow motion. The 2nd is me doing the exact same thing but faster. AT NO TIME DO I LIFT OR STOP THE MOUSEMOVMENT. Notice how it tries to hang half way through almost pulling my mouse back towards the way I came.

Moving the mouse slow completely across mouse pad
    http://www.ut3pugs.com/error/slow_moving.avi

Moving the mouse fast completely across mouse pad, This is where the problem lies.
    http://www.ut3pugs.com/error/fast_moving.avi

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you noticing any FPS drops at the same time? Online or offline?
    I don't suffer from the exact same issue...but I do see crosshair irregularity on every machine I build. It ties in primarily to FPS in those cases.
    The crosshair will complete the turn..but it will change trajectory speed during fps drops. I don't recall ever seeing a mouse input only half finishing though. I have my mouse sensitivity set to 350 in GUI or 3.5000 in the UTInput.ini. You may want to try frame smoothing to enabled so that you can rely on a more consistent crosshair movement.It has a minimum and maximum smoothed framerate that needs to be adjusted to the fps range that your graphics card can reliably maintain. The less fluctuation, the more stable movement of crosshair. My machine goes no lower than 70 FPS in the most demanding maps...so that is MY minumum smoothed framerate...and to maintain a regularity of crosshair stability between on and offline play...I use the maximum online FPS cap of 90 as MY maximum smoothed framerate.

You mentioned Setpoint...which mouse...Logitech has had a series of Gaming mouse issues for their G series...including early mouse failure, cursor skipping, cursor freezing. I can't speak for the G9 as the refusal by Logitech to repair the manufacture issue clogging their forums forced me to migrate to Razer who uses the exact same laser technology without the issues involved.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is with out me lifting the mouse at all. I will record a video and post it here soon. Also in game smoothing and acceleration are off. By the way that section from the ini you pasted is for ps3/xbox only.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The problem is you're lifting your mouse off the pad while you're trying to move and/or you're not lifting it enough when you reposition the mouse. Pay closer attention to how much you lift the mouse off the pad when you move it around quickly and I bet you won't have this problem anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not sure if it makes sense in your case but try to disable ingame accel,if you haven't done it yet.
    You have to open My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament3\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini and change the following line to

[UTGame.UTConsolePlayerInput]
    bViewAccelerationEnabled=FALSE

Leave a comment:

• Low mouse sensitivity, movement stops during quick turns

I noticed that when I play with my mouse sensitivity at a lower number like 3 and below if I try to make a quick turn with my mouse my turning movement will stop half way through the turn.

I have ran a test and moved my mouse across my mouse pad at a constant speed but quickly and it happens every time. If i do the same but at slow speed this does not happen. I have mouse smoothing disabled, Mouse acceleration in windows disabled, and Setpoint acceleration disabled for all games.

I am not the only one who has this happening to them. Is there some kind of fix for this?
Working...
X