Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come most (if not all) user maps run smoothly when playing them on UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Take a high graphic quality custom map, like DM-Shrift, it runs worse than the stock ones, but with good reason. The amount of detail in that map is amazing. Definitly need a high end system to get 60+fps on that map. BTW, I get about 45fps average with my setup.(see sig) It all depends on the amount of detail as someone just said.

Just in case you want to try this map, here's a link: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Shrift.../fileinfo.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    because user maps (custom maps) obviously aren't as intricately detailed as the epic made ones. duh, hence the faster framerates.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First off its not possible to get all maps to perform the same. Some maps display more graphics then others while others may have more intense action which can both lead to slower FPS. I,m not sure how you come to the conclusion that user made maps run faster then those that came with the game. Which maps are you alluding to? Last I counted there were hundreds of user made maps perhaps even thousands.

Leave a comment:

• How come most (if not all) user maps run smoothly when playing them on UT3?

Reason I ask is because I don't get the same performance when playing on maps that come with the game and are created by Epic, and I would like to have them both perform equally well.
Working...
X