Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UnrealEd 3 steam version crash!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UnrealEd 3 steam version crash!!

    Hi all, this is my first post here so i wanted to welcome every one .

    I have a rather serious problem with UnrealEd 3 on Steam. The general conclusion is that the editor... crashes. When i run him through the shortcut that is supposed to run it, yes it starts but immediately after that it crashes. Did anybody have this problem? I should mention that I had UT3 retail installed earlier (uninstalled it before installing UT3 steam version) and used UnrealEd several times without any problems. I have ForceWare 180.48 on my GTX260.

    Pleas help

    #2
    Hm...i dont know what to tell ya =[

    Comment


      #3
      I've got exacltly the same problem

      Comment


        #4
        I've solved it:

        the solution:
        Just select "Run".
        Then run: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" editor
        (if this is the correct folder) (run"" also)
        so run the ut3, but then with the editor command.

        Comment


          #5
          Unfortunately this doesn't solve My problem. The editor still crashes after start [I tried the "Run..." option, run from the console, still no effect].

          Comment


            #6
            Oh and theree is some more
            Run it on compatibility mode. It works for me (windows 7 build 6801)

            Comment


              #7
              Setting the compatibility mode doesn't help either :/. I'm starting to consider uninstalling steam version and installing the retail again .

              Comment


                #8
                Ok, I fixed it. The solution though is very simple in My case. Just deleted UT3 personal files folder "../My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3". I think that the preferences from My old UT3 install somehow collided with the steam version. Probably i could've search deeper this case and find the problematic config file responsible for this, but I'm to lazy :P. The important thing is that it works.

                Comment

                Working...
                X