UnrealEd 3 steam version crash!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnrealEd 3 steam version crash!!

Hi all, this is my first post here so i wanted to welcome every one .

I have a rather serious problem with UnrealEd 3 on Steam. The general conclusion is that the editor... crashes. When i run him through the shortcut that is supposed to run it, yes it starts but immediately after that it crashes. Did anybody have this problem? I should mention that I had UT3 retail installed earlier (uninstalled it before installing UT3 steam version) and used UnrealEd several times without any problems. I have ForceWare 180.48 on my GTX260.

Pleas help

Hm...i dont know what to tell ya =[

Comment

I've got exacltly the same problem

Comment

I've solved it:

the solution:
        Just select "Run".
        Then run: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" editor
        (if this is the correct folder) (run"" also)
        so run the ut3, but then with the editor command.

Comment

Unfortunately this doesn't solve My problem. The editor still crashes after start [I tried the "Run..." option, run from the console, still no effect].

Comment

Oh and theree is some more
            Run it on compatibility mode. It works for me (windows 7 build 6801)

Comment

Setting the compatibility mode doesn't help either :/. I'm starting to consider uninstalling steam version and installing the retail again .

Comment

Ok, I fixed it. The solution though is very simple in My case. Just deleted UT3 personal files folder "../My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3". I think that the preferences from My old UT3 install somehow collided with the steam version. Probably i could've search deeper this case and find the problematic config file responsible for this, but I'm to lazy :P. The important thing is that it works.

Comment

Working...
                X