Ut3_rc7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut3_rc7

Ok so i bought the game the other day and popped it into my drive and lo and behold trhe disk name that iot came up with was UT3_RC7.

Is this normal? I hope not because that is come kind of ****. Selling the RC7 as the full retail game. Also have the cd-key problem that a lot of other users are having!

RC7 means it is multilingual and uncut!
    There is a German version (cut) and this RC7 which contains a lot of languages included German and uncut.

Greets

Comment

I guess 7 release candidates was all they thought they needed.

Comment

So this is the retail version?
        I just thought they would have labeled it slightly differently!

Comment

Originally posted by Fr33kst3r View Post
          So this is the retail version?
          I just thought they would have labeled it slightly differently!
          Yes it's the retail version.

Comment

Yes, it's annoying to think you were sold a release candidate and not a full release. However, a patch is often released just after a game comes out that brings it up to full release status. Right now we're currently on the third patch, and the fourth shouldn't be too far in the future. I hope Epic learns from this and doesn't ever print release candidate on a retail game CD in the future.

You're in South Africa? What kind of servers are you able to see around there? How do you ping to them?

Comment

Ye in SA. We have a server or two in this country so the pings are good.

Comment

Umm, all retail releases are release candidates.

Release candidate means it might be the one that gets released. If the devs consider it free of enough issues and it gets past the necessary certs, it gets released. There's no extra version made just so they can call it "release." The "release" is the RC that gets accepted.

I think STALKER was RC 9 or 10, one of the CoHs I think was RC 7...

Comment

Working...
                X