What kind of fps should I be getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Check to see if you have any background stuff running on your computer eating up resources. You may have a virus or something else running you do not need.

If you want to test to see if it's your cpu or not, it's very easy. If you lower your screen res and the fps stays the same, then it's your cpu. Which I very much doubt is the case..

All systems have fps ups and downs on all maps. That is normal. I suspect your issue is vista related via the nvidia driver and maybe vista itself.

FYI, game benchmarks show the E8500 runs UT3 just as good as a quads, the actual differences are negligible. See benchmarks.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3344&p=15

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Definitively your CPU is not bottleneck.

I never fall down bellow 60 fps in 1680x1050 high settings (Vsync and frame smoothing enable) with the rig you can see on my signature.

You have a material conflict somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually according to every benchmark on the net, UT3 is one of the very few games that really does take full advantage of a quad core CPU.

Also until i made those changes I posted, my lowest fps on a map (which are all that matter) would dip below 60 on certain parts of DM-Deck and some other stock maps.

Changing resolution and most video settings did nothing for the low FPS parts of the map, and my CPU was running close to 100% on 2 cores and very high on the other two as well. When 800x600 and 1920x1200 give the same low fps its not your graphics card.

Finally, online benchmarks aside, upgrading for an AMD X2 6000+ to a AMD Phenom 9950 BE with a lower clock speed significantly improved the framerates in those low sections on my own PC.

I'm currently running an Phenom 9950BE, a GTX 260 Core 216, 6gb of ram on vista64.

If your not running AA or AF then your framerates should be just fine with a 9800 its most likely your CPU thats limiting your fps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok, quadcores should be slightly better compared to a dualcore with same clock. but your cpu is more than powerful enough for this game. until now ut3 does not benefit that much from 4 cores ( the game!- the editor does a lot). mostly the min fps are higher not the average ones. your processor should get noticable higer fps than a q6600 e.g. due to its high amount of mhz

i really do not think that your cpu is the bottleneck, especially with this graphicscard.

but the latest drivers from nvidia are causing trouble with ut3.

i agree that something has to be wrong with your system as the 9800gt is supposed to be able to run the game in 1680x1050 with good (not the best) fps.
    i think it`s not vista because meanwhile it is running almost as fast as xp with newer games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dude i have i have 8800 gts, quad core 2.4 and 2 gigs of ram, when i playing in 1680X1050 fps never get below 60, so there is something wrong with your's system

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Those frames are a little low, imo. You may be experiencing problems because of the portals in Warfare, which cause serious performance problems. The new patch coming out will disable the live picture feeding through for everyone, and as they say for performance issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your CPU is most likely the bottleneck. UT3 runs best on a quad core and even then you need a faster one. Try changing the following settings in the UTEngine.ini file

[Engine.Engine]
    bUsePixelShaderComplexity=False
    bUseAdditiveComplexity=False

[SystemSettings]
    DetailMode=0

I have a Phenom 9950 BE and GTX 260 Core 216 found that changing those settings made my FPS completely stable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol...Thats cause they probably wernt at the same resolution as you man xD.
    But that performance seems about right sense the 9800gt is practically the same
    as the 8800gt (so iv heard)

Leave a comment:

• started a topic What kind of fps should I be getting?

What kind of fps should I be getting?

I have an e8500, 3.6ghz, 9800gt (slight overclock), 4 gigs of ram, and I am using vista sp1 64 bit and all the newest drivers and am running at 1440x900. I constantly drop to 35-40 fps on quite a few of the warfare maps I was just wondering if this was normal? because when the game came out I remember how everyone was saying their 8800's weren't dropping below 80 ever. I am running the highest settings from within the game (no ini tweaks besides min desireable fps to 60 and no vsync of frame smoothing).
Working...
X