UT3 Crash on NVidia181.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Running 181.22 as well and UT3 crashes any time I either look at or try to pass through (backwards so I don't see it first) a portal.

Running Vista 64.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by evil713 View Post
    um i had 185.20 and i had the damm warzone crash problem, and i upgraded to 185.22 and i still have the same problem, and i disabled physics and that diddent help either.

im running vista64, with 6 gigs ram quad core 2.4 ghz, and 2 nvidia 9800 SLI 2 together. im getting crashed, its fine for CTF, but i dont want to play CTF
    I have heard people having better luck with the 180.xx version Nvidia drivers. If you haven't already then give those a shot. So far the 181's have had alot of people reporting crashes. Also the 185.xx are alpha so don't expect them to work well if at all. Some seem to say though that the 185's are much better then the 181's but then again some complain they too have major problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    um i had 185.20 and i had the damm warzone crash problem, and i upgraded to 185.22 and i still have the same problem, and i disabled physics and that diddent help either.

im running vista64, with 6 gigs ram quad core 2.4 ghz, and 2 nvidia 9800 SLI 2 together. im getting crashed, its fine for CTF, but i dont want to play CTF

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SirValet View Post
    NVIdia main site do relese beta drivers (see :Other downloads and support). The meaning of beta test is: test performed by users(it got to be published to work that way). This link you provided leads to driver NVidia181.20 named as 185.20 by mistake. If you were smart enought to read this file description you may figure it out by yourself. What can I say. Try to follow your own advice next time "... get your facts straight before you share inaccurate opinion." or you may make a fool of yourself again.

q6600
    Striker Extreme
    8800GTS 512
    4GB
    Vista64bit
    You are just full of bad information.
    The 185.20's are 185.20's not mis-named as you stated and the nvidia betas come are from nZone not directly from nvidia.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    185's are not official.

NVIdia main site do relese beta drivers (see :Other downloads and support). The meaning of beta test is: test performed by users(it got to be published to work that way). This link you provided leads to driver NVidia181.20 named as 185.20 by mistake. If you were smart enought to read this file description you may figure it out by yourself. What can I say. Try to follow your own advice next time "... get your facts straight before you share inaccurate opinion." or you may make a fool of yourself again.

q6600
    Striker Extreme
    8800GTS 512
    4GB
    Vista64bit
    185.20 drivers are not 181.20 drivers renamed. They arent beta either they are alpha. The 185.20 drivers under vista actually give a new experimental option in the nvidia control panel to enable Ambient Occlusion (or AO). These drivers were leaked from somewhere and were not officially released by Nvidia for users to test but were probably given to certain developers to check out and test.

You can read more about them in the forums:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread....ghlight=185.20

You should also know that these drivers are not supported by Nvidia since of course Nvidia never officially released them. So if something were to happen to your pc because of these drivers you would be on your own.Personally though I like them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MasterB View Post
    LOL, hay SirValet noob, the main Nvidia site doesn't release betas and that isn't the only site for drivers. I would suggest you get your facts straight before you share inaccurate opinion.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-...load-2155.html

q6600
    Striker Extreme
    8800GTS 512
    4GB
    Vista64bit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    >>Have you tried the 185.20 beta? They seem to perform well for me with Vista (8800 GTS).

There is no such a driver. Latest Nvidia driver is 181.22 relesed on 22th Jan 2009.
    LOL, hay SirValet noob, the main Nvidia site doesn't release betas and that isn't the only site for drivers. I would suggest you get your facts straight before you share inaccurate opinion.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-...load-2155.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah there is and I'm running them too. They work fine for me with XP and a GTX 260.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-...load-2154.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    >>Have you tried the 185.20 beta? They seem to perform well for me with Vista (8800 GTS).

There is no such a driver. Latest Nvidia driver is 181.22 relesed on 22th Jan 2009.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah this seems to be a problem not on Nvidia's side of things as they clearly state in the fixes listed that UT3 crash problems should be resolved. However it seems that now the game crashes if you use a portal in Warfare. IE thats still a bad thing but it's better then crashing out right after 10 seconds in the game.

(I currently don't have UT3 even installed on my hard drive right now until these bugs go away, or are addressed.)

Note: Seems to have something to do with UT3s Phis-X features Try disabling them and see if that fixes the problem. (would be great if it did IMHO)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have you tried the 185.20 beta? They seem to perform well for me with Vista (8800 GTS).

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UT3 Crash on NVidia181.22

UT3 Crash on NVidia181.22

Yep it still crashes on latest drivers but Crysis works on this drivers better then ever. And the reason for crashes is still the same : bug in portal (that thing that alows you to jump from node to node on warfare maps).
    It is just about the time for patch 1.4, get to work guys. BTW u should allow fpp in vehs as well.
Working...
X