Cinematic Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinematic Freezing

Just bought the game, but had the demo for months.

Demo runs fine, gameplay runs fine, but the cinematics randomly freeze my entire computer to the point I hate to reboot unless I want to hear a half second of sound repeated incessantly.

System is an Intel Centrino 2.0Ghz w/ 2Gb Corsair XMS RAM, and nVidia 8600GT 512Mb VGA running XP. Tried game without the latest patch, then with v1.3, and updated my VGA drivers to 178.24 with no success. Uninstalled VGA via the Hardware Manager and re-installed the drivers from safe mode with no success. Also uninstalled and re-installed the game with no success.

The cinematics randomly choose when to freeze. I've had them go a good minute without issue, and just recently I had one freeze immediately. Checked CPU temp,and its still sitting comfortably at 32degC. Again, the gameplay is perfectly fine, and runs smoothly on medium graphic settings.

Any ideas? I'd rather not click through the movies if possible.

Edit your UTEngine.ini in "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config"
    Search for this line and make sure its exactly like this

[Engine.ISVHacks]
    PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

(The .ini files are opened with notepad)

Comment

Worked perfectly. Small half second glitches still happen, which is mostly likely what was triggering the freeze, but overall the game plays smoother.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X