World geometry is screwy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I did update my drivers. I was rewarded with a nice shiny crash.

So I did what anybody else here would do. I reverted back to 178.25.

The result? This thread can be closed now 'cause it WORKS!!!! IT FINALLY WORKS!!!

I have had this game sitting on my desktop for a month. I have tried to fix this game for a month. And all that finally fixed it was 512 MB extra memory, Ultrons tweaked settings, and an old driver.

And the game still looks awesome (then again, that may be because I grew up with Unreal 1 and UT99, which both actually look good to me).

Thanks for all your help! I'll let you know if I run into any[more] problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't forget to update your driver. It's the most likely to help you if you installed the drivers that came with the card.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I pass the Minimum specs but fail at the required.

The reason? I don't even have to say it.

But it meets the minimum, which is good enough for me. Unfortunately, whilst loading a map, the game crashes with "UT3.exe has encountered an error and needs to close"

Oh yeah, yes, I have used Rivatuner. On the demo, the temp was, like I said, 82 degrees Fahrenheit. However, RuneScape made it heat up to 92 degrees.

How does a game that is graphically inferior to UT3 cause the card to heat up more? Maybe the problem ISN'T overheating. I'll read through the tweaks thread again and attempt some of the things there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I understand if you don't want to spend more money. The first thing you should do is upgrade your video drivers to the latest for your card: www.nvidia.com
    Next use Ultron's Tweaks: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586697
    Then make sure you have every program you don't HAVE to have running closed while you play. I doubt there's much else you can do, but if you want to verify that your card isn't overheating you can use Rivatuner: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

I can help you figure out Rivatuner if you decide to try it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To be honest i dont think your problem is overheating
    but i suggest going to this site and selecting ut3 from the list and accepting the activex control, it will compare your pc to the required and recommended system specs.
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I just now realized that.

However, I DID upgrade. Just not enough, I presume.

Is it possible to install a new fan to keep the card cool enough to allow me to play?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Killer the only way to fix your problem is to upgrade plain and simple...im not trying to be a **** or anything im just stating the facts

and to bc....lol thats true i didn't think about that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This forum has an odd habit of causing double posts for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, actually the real reason I bought the thing was for Spore, UT2K4, and (you can laugh if you want) RuneScape High Detail. When I got the card though, a thought popped into my head that maybe, just MAYBE the UT3 demo would work.

Lo and behold, it did. I played the demo every day I got the chance to. Then I actually bought the game and even then it worked for one day.

I apologize if the following sounds rude.

There are three games versus one that the 6200 can work with. Not to mention I waited very long to get this card and I'm not willing to wait any longer. I'm sorry.

Now instead of telling me to spend more money, how about telling me how I can fix this problem?

By the way, I just upgraded to 1 GB today. The only thing that happened was the geometry artifacts in the Demo. The full version just crashed, as usual.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Finaldeath, he undoubtedly has an AGP slot for video if he's using a 6200. 8 series and above are PCI-e only.

Originally posted by KillerSkaarj View Post
    What!? Sorry, no. I bought this card just recently and I am NOT throwing it out for a new pc. Sorry I asked. This thread can die now.
    Don't be sorry you asked. Be sorry you spent your money on something that doesn't do what you want it to do. Be sorry you didn't ask for advice on these forums before rashly buying a part for your PC.

The computer you have now is extremely limited as to how much you can upgrade it before you need to gut it completely to improve more. Therefore, money spent upgrading your current motherboard is largely wasted. If you prefer to get some cheap upgrades for minimal improvement, then you can, you just need to buy the right things.

At a MINIMUM, you should have gotten an Nvidia 6600 and you should upgrade to at least 1 GB or RAM. You should turn around and resell that 6200 on Ebay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you just bought that card you wasted your money because the 6200 is one of the worst cards still available on the market

Here is what i suggest go to newegg.com or tigerdirect.com and look for the 8600gt which is about $60 and get at least 2gb of ram (if your mobo can even handle that much) which isn't that expensive

I own the 8600gt along with other fairly decent pc components and i have maxed out settings in just about every game i play (orange box,oblivion,ut3,cnc3 and several other less demanding games) with very playable fps (at least 60+ on all games i mentioned with the occasional drop in very high action areas)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What!? Sorry, no. I bought this card just recently and I am NOT throwing it out for a new pc. Sorry I asked. This thread can die now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the cheapo cards don't usually come with the good quality cooling found on more expensive cards.. I wouldn't bother fixing anything on that card, just wait till you can afford a new PC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oops, double post

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I'm getting more Memory sometime next week. Will that help?

By the way, I loaded up the game immediately afterward and it was fine. But what you said makes sense. I monitored the temperature of the card and it went from a base of 65 degrees (Celsius) to 82 (!) whilst playing the demo. Is there any way that I can keep the 6200 sufficiently cooled?

Oh, and I bought the card for UT2K4 but out of curiosity tried the UT3 demo and found out it worked. Epic said the Minimum specs were the 6200 and I can see why. It can (barely) play it, but sometimes screws up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X