No announcement yet.

World geometry is screwy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand if you don't want to spend more money. The first thing you should do is upgrade your video drivers to the latest for your card: www.nvidia.com
    Next use Ultron's Tweaks: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586697
    Then make sure you have every program you don't HAVE to have running closed while you play. I doubt there's much else you can do, but if you want to verify that your card isn't overheating you can use Rivatuner: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

I can help you figure out Rivatuner if you decide to try it out.

Comment

I pass the Minimum specs but fail at the required.

The reason? I don't even have to say it.

But it meets the minimum, which is good enough for me. Unfortunately, whilst loading a map, the game crashes with "UT3.exe has encountered an error and needs to close"

Oh yeah, yes, I have used Rivatuner. On the demo, the temp was, like I said, 82 degrees Fahrenheit. However, RuneScape made it heat up to 92 degrees.

How does a game that is graphically inferior to UT3 cause the card to heat up more? Maybe the problem ISN'T overheating. I'll read through the tweaks thread again and attempt some of the things there.

Comment

Don't forget to update your driver. It's the most likely to help you if you installed the drivers that came with the card.

Comment

I did update my drivers. I was rewarded with a nice shiny crash.

So I did what anybody else here would do. I reverted back to 178.25.

The result? This thread can be closed now 'cause it WORKS!!!! IT FINALLY WORKS!!!

I have had this game sitting on my desktop for a month. I have tried to fix this game for a month. And all that finally fixed it was 512 MB extra memory, Ultrons tweaked settings, and an old driver.

And the game still looks awesome (then again, that may be because I grew up with Unreal 1 and UT99, which both actually look good to me).

Thanks for all your help! I'll let you know if I run into any[more] problems.

Comment

Working...
          X