Problem loading maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem loading maps

Does anyone else have trouble loading maps sometimes?

I just tried to join vCTF-Skyscraper, I started the map download, it was kind of slow, so I got it off filefront. I restarted UT3 and it just sticks on the loading map screen.

Then I tried to join and it happened with DM-Agony3-SE (which I waited to download), and it still stuck on the loading screen.

I think the server thought I was in and left, so it changed maps to DM-Gardens, which I already have and it's been loading 10mins. The weird thing is I hear churchbells in game sounds, but still stuck on the loading screen.

A good test if it's "fake loading" is if the game alt-tabs (it usually doesn't until it's done loading the map).

I can still hit F10 and type exit (or disconnect) in the console (though the console doesn't show up, same map loading screen). After exit UT3 has an error.

I can load maps fine sometimes, I'm not sure if I have ever loaded a map that hasn't worked. I have loaded custom maps before.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 3326MB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO (driver 6.14.11.7519)
    Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [B000]
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)

maps
    DM-BitterEnd, DM-Flustered, DM-Agony3-SE, vCTF-Skyscraper, DM-Gardens, DM-Deck, DM-Conveyor, VCTF-CBP3-TheDig

I did download and load DM-TekarisForestRC7 fine. I know I've played DM-Deck, VCTF-CBP3-TheDig, and DM-Conveyor before.

Got this after quitting.
    Rendering thread exception:
    General protection fault!

History: Fnx_Gamers_FreeWord() Address = 0x1575414 (filename not found)

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a5b (filename not found)
    CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e89 (filename not found)
    Address = 0xba0102 (filename not found)
    Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

Trying a reinstall
Working...
X