Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game has stopped working after patching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game has stopped working after patching.

Decided to play Unreal3 the other day, lots of fun and stuff. I remembered about a few mods that were in progress when I'd stopped playing, and decided to go check them out. A few of them mentioned they required the version 1.3 patch, so fair enough, I suppose I'll download and install it.
    Put on my downloaded mods as well, and every time I go to the Character Customization screen, I'm greeted with a game-freeze. If I don't go to that screen, the game crashes after loading a map.
    So I figured perhaps it was one of the mods I'd just put on. I deleted UT3, reinstalled it, reinstalled the patch, and the same thing is happening.

This is rubbish. Not only was this game buggy as hell to start with, but these update patches make things WORSE. This is the most buggy and incomplete game I've ever had to pay for, and the amount of shoddy worksmanship on it is just appalling.

There has to be a fix for this, does anyone know what to do?

Having the same problem. Any pointers people?

EDIT:

It didt freeze "forever" it just took a great deal of time to "unfreeze".

Comment

patch issues abound

my mouse (mx518-logitech) stopped working after the patch. great job again epic!!! you guys sure know how to inspire confidence in your products.

Comment

Originally posted by WideBoy View Post
        Having the same problem. Any pointers people?

EDIT:

It didt freeze "forever" it just took a great deal of time to "unfreeze".
        Hmm.. still, there's no way around the game crashing to the desktop after loading a map.

Edit: I've sort of found a way through it, though it's hardly any better. Just delete your Unreal Tournament 3 folders in My Doucments/My Games/etc. I've managed to get the game working again, with the previous mods I hadn't been able to use, though the loading times for maps and character creation have almost tripled. With the default graphics settings running and 2 gigs of ram, this kind of **** still shouldn't be happening.

Comment

Working...
        X