Error 1628 Failed To Complete Script Based Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey. I've got a problem with UT3 Installation, and I need help with it :captain obvious:.

So - Ut3 was deleted from my Pc (because there wasn't enough space for somekindoffilm) without telling me. Very well, after making 10 GB of space I decided to install ut3 again. And then... surprise? In the launcher active buttons are "Play ut3" and "Uninstall ut3". Wtf...? I tried the first button, but of course it failed. Tried to click uninstall, and this error occured:
    I searched the forum to find help, but the only thing was in Ultron's ut3 tweaks. The link in his post doesn't seem to open, and Uncle Google was no help to me. Anyone got idea how to solve this problem? Please, help me...

In case you don't know how to help me, check out this thread and help me there

Ah, almost forgot: sorry for imperfect english

EDIT: One more thing - does anyone think that it may have something to do with installer folder?

Yay, really nobody can help me? Please, I'm kinda addicted, and I need UT3...

Comment

hi i think you need at least 16gigs hd space to install , as half is stored as temp install files during the install.

Hope u get sorted ..

Comment

Dammit - I uninstalled Ut2004 and Civ Iv, which made 18 GB of space. This **** installshield still crashes.

Comment

try this link for more info on the error and how to fix....
          good luck ...http://consumerdocs.installshield.co...8464&sliceId=1

Comment

Lol. When I tried to open this link in Ultron's Tweak Topic, it wasn't opening. This time it opened. Silly.

Anyway, none of the solutions worked. I had to "open" DVD and copy the "Unreal Tournament" folder to my C:\Program files:\ directory. It's not piracy, I hope... In case anyone doubts that I got original UT3:

cdkey is hidden ofc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sedinus View Post
              Lol. When I tried to open this link in Ultron's Tweak Topic, it wasn't opening. This time it opened. Silly.

Anyway, none of the solutions worked. I had to "open" DVD and copy the "Unreal Tournament" folder to my C:\Program files:\ directory. It's not piracy, I hope... In case anyone doubts that I got original UT3:

cdkey is hidden ofc.
              No need to show proof here...
              But yeah sometimes the **** installer craps out not just with UT3 but the same build of the installer on certain systems.
              Nothing like a good ol copy paste to fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X