Problem after installing 3rd or 2nd patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem after installing 3rd or 2nd patch

Hi guys! It would be great if some one can help me with my issue. When I patch my game from 1.0 ver to 1.2 or 1.3 I get a small problem:
    when I'm in the game my character is rotating anti-clockwise and in setup menu when I point out any scale for example of brightness it's automatically slides to zero.

I tryed making all the settings to default but it didn't help. Any ideas what it could be?

my OS is Windows XP (64)

Go to settings and disable the joystick checkbox.

Comment

I've also had an issue after installing a patch this morning. Now, my screen resolution settings aren't saving. I set it to 1280x800 and Apply, it then goes to a black screen for about 30secs, and appears to be set, but then when I menu out and back in the Video settings it hasn't stuck, it reverts back to the lowest resolution.

Any ideas on this?

Comment

This is on a laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn.Psyman View Post
          I've also had an issue after installing a patch this morning. Now, my screen resolution settings aren't saving. I set it to 1280x800 and Apply, it then goes to a black screen for about 30secs, and appears to be set, but then when I menu out and back in the Video settings it hasn't stuck, it reverts back to the lowest resolution.

Any ideas on this?
          Make sure your My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 folder Isn't read only.

Also try to get DirectX and Video drivers up to date.

Comment

Thanks, it looks like the folder My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 is Read Only, however when I untick the Read Only option in the folder properties and click apply, then ok, when I go back into the properties it has reverted back to read only!

Is there a way I can stop it doing this? Could it be part of Vistas ultra annoying security settings?

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
              Go to settings and disable the joystick checkbox.
              thank you that was the solution to my problem

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn.Psyman View Post
                Thanks, it looks like the folder My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 is Read Only, however when I untick the Read Only option in the folder properties and click apply, then ok, when I go back into the properties it has reverted back to read only!

Is there a way I can stop it doing this? Could it be part of Vistas ultra annoying security settings?
                Have you disabled UAC in the user control panel ?

Comment

UAC has nothing to do with it, I've got the same problem and I'm on XPSP3.

This sucks, I hate windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Masklin View Post
                    UAC has nothing to do with it, I've got the same problem and I'm on XPSP3.

This sucks, I hate windows.
                    So you simple say it isn't UAC because of that... wow awesome.

@Cptn.Psyman you can also try setting the resolution trough the console...

setres 1280x800

Or ALT-Enter to go into window mode and in the options set it to 1280x800 hit apply and restart the game.
                    I also advise to use the same desktop resolution as your games since you're on a laptop.

Comment

VoodooMaster -

Thanks for the help. I appears that running it in window mode then setting the resolution is working. Strangely if I go in to the Video settings it still shows 640x400 but it is actually running at 1280x800...

atleast it's working and I can actually play again!

Appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
                      X