Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem after installing 3rd or 2nd patch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Problem after installing 3rd or 2nd patch

    Hi guys! It would be great if some one can help me with my issue. When I patch my game from 1.0 ver to 1.2 or 1.3 I get a small problem:
    when I'm in the game my character is rotating anti-clockwise and in setup menu when I point out any scale for example of brightness it's automatically slides to zero.

    I tryed making all the settings to default but it didn't help. Any ideas what it could be?

    my OS is Windows XP (64)

    #2
    Go to settings and disable the joystick checkbox.

    Comment


      #3
      I've also had an issue after installing a patch this morning. Now, my screen resolution settings aren't saving. I set it to 1280x800 and Apply, it then goes to a black screen for about 30secs, and appears to be set, but then when I menu out and back in the Video settings it hasn't stuck, it reverts back to the lowest resolution.

      Any ideas on this?

      Comment


        #4
        This is on a laptop.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Cptn.Psyman View Post
          I've also had an issue after installing a patch this morning. Now, my screen resolution settings aren't saving. I set it to 1280x800 and Apply, it then goes to a black screen for about 30secs, and appears to be set, but then when I menu out and back in the Video settings it hasn't stuck, it reverts back to the lowest resolution.

          Any ideas on this?
          Make sure your My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 folder Isn't read only.

          Also try to get DirectX and Video drivers up to date.

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks, it looks like the folder My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 is Read Only, however when I untick the Read Only option in the folder properties and click apply, then ok, when I go back into the properties it has reverted back to read only!

            Is there a way I can stop it doing this? Could it be part of Vistas ultra annoying security settings?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
              Go to settings and disable the joystick checkbox.
              thank you that was the solution to my problem

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Cptn.Psyman View Post
                Thanks, it looks like the folder My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 is Read Only, however when I untick the Read Only option in the folder properties and click apply, then ok, when I go back into the properties it has reverted back to read only!

                Is there a way I can stop it doing this? Could it be part of Vistas ultra annoying security settings?
                Have you disabled UAC in the user control panel ?

                Comment


                  #9
                  UAC has nothing to do with it, I've got the same problem and I'm on XPSP3.

                  This sucks, I hate windows.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Masklin View Post
                    UAC has nothing to do with it, I've got the same problem and I'm on XPSP3.

                    This sucks, I hate windows.
                    So you simple say it isn't UAC because of that... wow awesome.


                    @Cptn.Psyman you can also try setting the resolution trough the console...

                    setres 1280x800

                    Or ALT-Enter to go into window mode and in the options set it to 1280x800 hit apply and restart the game.
                    I also advise to use the same desktop resolution as your games since you're on a laptop.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      VoodooMaster -

                      Thanks for the help. I appears that running it in window mode then setting the resolution is working. Strangely if I go in to the Video settings it still shows 640x400 but it is actually running at 1280x800...

                      atleast it's working and I can actually play again!

                      Appreciate the help!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X