Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: The online service is currently unavailable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Look at, read, and post to THIS THREAD -- please, let's consolidate all these posts about connectivity issues in one thread so that Epic knows the scale of the issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like the old thread, but maybe it will be helpful for someone:
    Under XP SP3 I had the same problem, "Internet servise is currently unavailable", thats what I did and it worked:
    First, I reset the xp's tcp winsock as already described in diff. post:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ce+unavailable

After it didnt work (firewal was off - COMODO), I switched it on, started the game, when the popup from firewal came I chose the option "Trusted application" (for othr firewalls will be diff. names, but smth like this), and now it works like a charm. looks like even when its disabled, the system remembers its settings (of course Windows Firewall is disabled). so it looks like the 100% firewall issue

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you are using Win XP, there still is the WinXP-Firewall.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No effect. It did prompt me to re-enter my CD Key, and it did reset my settings, but it proceeded to hang at Logging In as per usual. Anyone else have any ideas?

-Zeromus

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    This also happens when your UTEngine.ini file gets corrupted. Try deleting your UTEngine.ini file in your MyDocuments/MyGames/unrealtournement3/UTGame/Config/ directory. This file will be replaced with a new default version and you will need to re enter your CD key.

It's a good idea to keep working copies of all your ini files in that directory. Whenever anything goes wrong, just copy the good backup copies over the potentially corrupted ones. This is real important if you have ini tweeks or special key binds. It's also easier than re entering the CD key each time.
    I'll try this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [Insta]-Loque View Post
    I have to agree with Cobi^^ its does sound like a firewall issue, what firewall software are you using if any? If its the windows one just add it to the list of allowed programs.
    No firewall.

-Zeromus

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This also happens when your UTEngine.ini file gets corrupted. Try deleting your UTEngine.ini file in your MyDocuments/MyGames/unrealtournement3/UTGame/Config/ directory. This file will be replaced with a new default version and you will need to re enter your CD key.

It's a good idea to keep working copies of all your ini files in that directory. Whenever anything goes wrong, just copy the good backup copies over the potentially corrupted ones. This is real important if you have ini tweeks or special key binds. It's also easier than re entering the CD key each time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have to agree with Cobi^^ its does sound like a firewall issue, what firewall software are you using if any? If its the windows one just add it to the list of allowed programs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds like a firewall-issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No effect. I'm still hanging at the login screen. Any other ideas?

:: edit ::

I just tried to create a new profile, and it confirmed that the new name was registered, but gave that one the same login error. It seems to be connecting. If my roomy can connect, why can't I?

Sometimes it gives me the error, and other times it just hangs at "Logging In....".

-Zeromus

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [Insta]-Loque View Post
    Perhaps updating to 1.3 may fix your connection problem.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=620465
    I'll do that right now, and keep you posted.

-Zeromus

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Perhaps updating to 1.3 may fix your connection problem.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=620465

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have an online profile, I've played online several times in the past, I haven't played recently and this frustrating situation is the cause for that.

As for the same version, we're both playing with version 1.2.

-Zeromus

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you make an online profile already?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What do you mean with "same version"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X