Removing kill/death text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing kill/death text?

Is it possible to remove the kill/death text that pops up everytime someone kills or dies? I tried editing the utgame.int by deleting lines, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone? Any suggestions?

Comment

I would like to know this too - why should I care about who killed me? It just makes it personal which is bad.

Comment

In order to not view them, I think you must set in UTGame.ini:

[UTGame.UTDeathMessage]
        bNoConsoleDeathMessages=true
        [UTGame.UTTeamDeathMessage]

In some gametypes it may be helpful to know who is most apt to kill you; you can strategically shoot at them first during multiple enemy encounters. It isn't personal unless you make it personal.

Comment

Originally posted by spermplant View Post
          In order to not view them, I think you must set in UTGame.ini:

[UTGame.UTDeathMessage]
          [UTGame.UTTeamDeathMessage]

In some gametypes it may be helpful to know who is most apt to kill you; you can strategically shoot at them first during multiple enemy encounters. It isn't personal unless you make it personal.
          spermplant, thank you so much! The game is so much better without green text flooding my screen. Thanks again .

Comment

Originally posted by spermplant View Post
            If I'm not mistaken that's only possible when you see the name of the player you're aiming at, which is a feature yet to be implented in UT3.

Comment

Working...
            X