Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spawning error

Ok, here's my problem.....

I have a big vctf map I've been working on for a month or so now, maybe like 35% complete. I've got all my starting Points in place, but I've not set all my pathnodes.

I have my flags in place, and whenever I go to play my map in the editor with the right-click-"Play from here" oprtion, I start where I click; However, when I hit the "Play level" button, which should start me from a starting point, it sends me to a pathnode I have next to a bounce pad in pretty much the center of the map nowhere near either flags.

I've set my 16 player start actors, and there should be no problem, but I've run a few test cooks, and when I play my map within the actual game, I get no bots at all! And I still spawn at that path node! No errors occur in the dialoge box of the cooking process, but I get the regular alpha errors in my build log; (pathnode # can't reach flag base...., Pickupfactory # has no paths,) ....Stuff like that. Things that will be corrected when I start setting my paths, and stuff. I'm not even done placing my vehicles and bases for them yet, so I'm waiting for that first.

I'm wondering what kind of problem this is so I don't spend another few months working on a map that will just turn into a pile of frustrating ****. Any input on this matter will be greatly appriciated, since this is a map I've been dreaming of since Quake 3 came out, I've just never had the right environment to realize it with. If everything goes well, It's going to be a great map with awesome gameplay, and mechanical animation and I would hate to run into a brick wall.....

Thanks for the read....

-=TheShinobi=-

Did you try using a UTTeamplayerStart instead of a Playerstart?

Originally posted by Shinobibob View Post
    Ok, here's my problem.....

I have a big vctf map I've been working on for a month or so now, maybe like 35% complete. I've got all my starting Points in place, but I've not set all my pathnodes.

I have my flags in place, and whenever I go to play my map in the editor with the right-click-"Play from here" oprtion, I start where I click; However, when I hit the "Play level" button, which should start me from a starting point, it sends me to a pathnode I have next to a bounce pad in pretty much the center of the map nowhere near either flags.

I've set my 16 player start actors, and there should be no problem, but I've run a few test cooks, and when I play my map within the actual game, I get no bots at all! And I still spawn at that path node! No errors occur in the dialoge box of the cooking process, but I get the regular alpha errors in my build log; (pathnode # can't reach flag base...., Pickupfactory # has no paths,) ....Stuff like that. Things that will be corrected when I start setting my paths, and stuff. I'm not even done placing my vehicles and bases for them yet, so I'm waiting for that first.

I'm wondering what kind of problem this is so I don't spend another few months working on a map that will just turn into a pile of frustrating ****. Any input on this matter will be greatly appriciated, since this is a map I've been dreaming of since Quake 3 came out, I've just never had the right environment to realize it with. If everything goes well, It's going to be a great map with awesome gameplay, and mechanical animation and I would hate to run into a brick wall.....

Thanks for the read....

-=TheShinobi=-

Comment

AHHH!!! Well that would make sense, now wouldn't it? I'll check it out.....

(how embarassing....)
      I'll let you know....

Comment

Nope! Put all my team starting points and changed the team number for the blue guys, and I still keep spawing from that **** pathnode!

Comment

Got it! I was using a teleporter actor instead of a UTTeleporter, and for some reason, it was screwing up my spawning. Anyway, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X