Copy/pasted a mover, now no interpactors are visible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy/pasted a mover, now no interpactors are visible

I'm working on a simple level, and had a working lift in a previous version. I built my level over again from scratch for various reasons and tried copying my working lift from the old version and pasting it into the new one. The copy/paste seemed successful, except that the actual static mesh interpactor in the new level appeared as a black hole without texture or substance. I rebuilt everything but nothing changed. After that, I deleted all the old mover information out of my new level, from the static mesh to the trigger to the marquee and trigger stuff in Kismet...everything. Then I proceeded to create a new lift using the same steps that worked the previous time (http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3mover.htm). Again, I get a working lift, but my static mesh disappears as soon as I make it into an interpactor. Does anyone know what might be going on or how to fix this?

My instructor said this was a bug and suggested that I resize the broken brush by just a unit or two and rebuild. I tried, but it's still disappearing. I also tried copying the functioning parts of my level into an entirely new level to start the mover from scratch, but then my fog volumes became black holes as well. It seems odd that whatever is making these brushes bug out carries over into an entirely new level once I've pasted in something that breaks. I cannot delete the offending part and create a new one in its place, the new one turns black too. That makes me think some user setting is being changed by the copy/paste operation. Does that help?

Comment

I am also having issues with InterpActors disappearing (has tons of collision primitives and drawscale of 52 but it doesn't disappear unless I hook it up to a Matinee)

Comment

Working...
      X