how to apply mods through steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to apply mods through steam

i bought this game with steam and at first it wouldnt work, and now i have no idea how to apply mods to it. is it even possible to? the downloaded directory has totally changed because of steam so its not the same for all of you pple who installed it via disk or however you manageddd.....

You should have 2 UT3 directories. By default they are, 'C:\Program Files\UT3' (you shouldn't touch this one) and one in your 'My Documents' at something like 'C:\Users\My Documents\My Games\UT3'. The one in your 'My Documents' is where you will put all your mods, maps, characters, etc. For the first mod you add, you will most likely need to add/create folders for it.

The folders you'll need to create are a 'Published' folder at 'My Documents\My Games\UT3\UTGame\Published'. Open up the newly created 'Published' folder and create a 'CustomChars', 'CustomMaps', and a 'Scripts' folder. You should now be all set for adding mods. Just follow the instructions that come with mod and drop the files in the proper folders. Just be careful as there is an 'UnPublished' folder also already created.

Here's something I typed up to help someone to install custom characters also.
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...0#post25453560

Comment

thank you soo muchh...

butt just one error... im suppose to put it in the "cooked" folder within the "published" folder...anywho thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X