Server listing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The problem lies with gamespy. Why did Epic decide to use gamespy when the UT2004 server browser worked flawlesly? Who knows. All I know is I'm getting more and more ****** every day that NOTHING is being done. We don't even get an explanation of what the problem is. This coincides with the guy hack/crashing all the servers and Epic releasing a fix for the problem. Maybe the guy found a way to screw up gamespy too. Its effecting other games that use gamespy as well as UT3. My bro plays Metal of Honor and he cant connect to servers on that game either. As far as I can see the only way of connecting with no problem is if you know the servers IP. Hit F10 to open the console and type open 69.147.224.181 or whatever the servers IP is that you want to join. Epic we want a patch that rids this game of gamespy. If you do that for us I'm sure whats left of the community will fix the rest for you and modders & mappers like myself can continue our work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I run Windows XP (what else?), and the numbers of servers appearing in the server browser changes each time I press the "refresh" button , sometimes it shows 2, sometimes 5, a few seconds later 10...

It can't be because the servers are loading the maps or whatever, some servers show up, one second later they don't, then they appear again in only a few seconds.

Seriously, whats wrong with this game???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are we ready to call Gamespy a busted experiment yet? Bring back the old UT2004 server browser. Worked great without all the useless baggage that comes with Gamespy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ran as admin/changed filters

Using vista 32bit ran as admin and got about three servers per game type
    instead of none,i then had a look at the filter settings and enabled show
    full and empty did a refresh and get all the usual servers showing up in the
    browser.I find that if turn these filters off again im back to two or three
    servers after a refresh.Also went back to try running without admin priv
    and no servers show up with or without enabling filters.At least it works
    now but looks like a uac issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Running as Admin worked for me, and i can now find the games in my list. This only lead me to another problem though, which is that i get "Login Duplicate detected" EVERY time i play the game. No exceptions. This means i can only play 4 minutes each game, before i get logged out. Before i can join a server again i then have to exit the game, reapply the PS3 Patch, start the game, find a server and join -> Then get disconnected again 4 minutes after.
    The game is unplayable for me as it is.

On top of that, like every 5th time i start the game, it asks for the cd-key again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it works now for me since this morning (server browsing and joining), and running as admin is something you should never do...

i try set up a server now and see if people join it
    ok they join

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only way for me to join a online game is if I "follow player" from my friendlist. But that requires that I have a friend online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The "right click" thingy worked for me and I run Vista 64 bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is a question for other posters..... would HAMACHI work to host a LAN game and
    then have friends connect to the LAN game via the Hamachi VPN?. Should right?
    Would ping be brutal?.. probably, but I guess it might be one way to get the frag hit that some of us need.
    It will work.
    Pings should be great if the host isn't behind Symmetric NAT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In the meantime.. do we have options, or can they be made available in the future?

I have tried the "Run as Administrator" option (on Vista 32bit) and it doesn't appear to make any difference.

What I find a bit puzzling is that even if I know the IP of my server, then attempting to connect to it via open ipaddress:gamepass doesn't work either. A buddy of mine was somehow able to connect to my dedicated server (with the new ut3.exe patched version) and was the only one of my group (10 of us) who could actually connect.

I kinda laughed, because I couldn't connect to my own server which is 6 feet away from me over the Internet game browser option. If I launched it with the -bIsLanServer=True option, naturally it would work fine.

Epic, I think I understand why you would use GameSpy, it is to authenticate CD_Key information (connecting to "the world" etc.). Given the amount of time that UT3 has been out now, any chance that we could have a -bypasscheck switch or -cachedcredentials switch that we could use to launch our dedicated servers with?.

If we could have a GUID for every previously authenticated GameSpy account, somehow cached on the dedicated server, then it would still allow some form of control. Perhaps something that still allows GameSpy to do it's thing, but still allows us to play.

Maybe piracy is a great reason to have implemented GameSpy (besides the server browser tech, messaging, stats, etc), and I applaud you for not going with some nasty DRM schema, but at this point of time, in a situation where I am sure many hardcore fans would like to play, it would be nice for those who host servers to have something that preserves your desire for legitimate copies to play while respecting the fact that the rare time when GameSpy goes down for a long time, we still have the ability to play.

Just my two cents, not a rant or a rave. We could just as easily be dealing with a DNS flood, BGP packet spoofing or some other bot storm on the net and that would be completely out of your control.

Here is a question for other posters..... would HAMACHI work to host a LAN game and
    Would ping be brutal?.. probably, but I guess it might be one way to get the frag hit that some of us need.

Cheers,

Lexx000

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have tried the "Run as Administrator" option (on Vista 32bit) and it doesn't appear to make any difference.

What I find a bit puzzling is that even if I know the IP of my server, then attempting to connect to it via open ipaddress:gamepass doesn't work either. A buddy of mine was somehow able to connect to my dedicated server (with the new ut3.exe patched version) and was the only one of my group (10 of us) who could actually connect.

I kinda laughed, because I couldn't connect to my own server which is 6 feet away from me over the Internet game browser option. If I launched it with the -bIsLanServer=True option, naturally it would work fine.

Epic, I think I understand why you would use GameSpy, it is to authenticate CD_Key information (connecting to "the world" etc.). Given the amount of time that UT3 has been out now, any chance that we could have a -bypasscheck switch or -cachedcredentials switch that we could use to launch our dedicated servers with?.

If we could have a GUID for every previously authenticated GameSpy account, somehow cached on the dedicated server, then it would still allow some form of control. Perhaps something that still allows GameSpy to do it's thing, but still allows us to play.

Maybe piracy is a great reason to have implemented GameSpy (besides the server browser tech, messaging, stats, etc), and I applaud you for not going with some nasty DRM schema, but at this point of time, in a situation where I am sure many hardcore fans would like to play, it would be nice for those who host servers to have something that preserves your desire for legitimate copies to play while respecting the fact that the rare time when GameSpy goes down for a long time, we still have the ability to play.

Just my two cents, not a rant or a rave. We could just as easily be dealing with a DNS flood, BGP packet spoofing or some other bot storm on the net and that would be completely out of your control.

Cheers,

Lexx000

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Run as admininstator..." no longer works for me. The game always returns empty list.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same problem here,servers are not showing up in the game browser.I havent touched the UT files folders or what ever,It worked one week ago and since the i have not updated nothing in my system.I have XP SP2 in the same state as it was when it worked.It was updated to patch 1.3, 2 weeks ago ,without problems.All my other games COD 4,Swat 4, Crysis, BF 2 work properly in online.Is this problem a bad joke?
    Anyway i think this is my last Epic game for PC that i buy,to many problems.i wish you good luck!I regret i was so stupid to buy it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Starting Unreal 3 as a administator does not work for me.. I have to wait until they fix the problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I cannot connect to any servers is it the Nvidia net. controller? Have to install the old link sys, net card? Wont work with adm. permissions either.What A bummer any other suggestions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X