Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server listing problem

Hi all
    the servers have not been showing up in the browser and i think i found a solution for this.
    try rightclicking the UT3 game exe and click run as administrator.
    simple as that : )
    i run vista and this has worked for me

this is definitly not a workaround... I'd rather check for a Trojan/Virus Infection that modifies the way the game beheaves ...

Comment

Still not fixed

As of 10 pm ET last night, still no fix. Random numbers of servers appear, 3, 9, 19, 34, 54, 72, and never the whole list. If I choose favorites, I have to refresh several times before the one I want to join shows up with normal ping, ie not 9999. But at no time do all the ones in my favorites show up with normal ping. Always 1/2 or 1/3 have 9999 and it cycles.

Also, I can no longer see players names when I click players.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
        As of 10 pm ET last night, still no fix. Random numbers of servers appear, 3, 9, 19, 34, 54, 72, and never the whole list. If I choose favorites, I have to refresh several times before the one I want to join shows up with normal ping, ie not 9999. But at no time do all the ones in my favorites show up with normal ping. Always 1/2 or 1/3 have 9999 and it cycles.

Also, I can no longer see players names when I click players.
        Interesting - I only see 3 Servers listed - on every refresh the listed servers change though ...

Comment

Last night I had a no servers on the in game browser, however no such problem using SKUT on MIRC!

just my experience, thought I would share.

Comment

I cannot connect to any servers is it the Nvidia net. controller? Have to install the old link sys, net card? Wont work with adm. permissions either.What A bummer any other suggestions.

Comment

Starting Unreal 3 as a administator does not work for me.. I have to wait until they fix the problem.

Comment

Same problem here,servers are not showing up in the game browser.I havent touched the UT files folders or what ever,It worked one week ago and since the i have not updated nothing in my system.I have XP SP2 in the same state as it was when it worked.It was updated to patch 1.3, 2 weeks ago ,without problems.All my other games COD 4,Swat 4, Crysis, BF 2 work properly in online.Is this problem a bad joke?
                Anyway i think this is my last Epic game for PC that i buy,to many problems.i wish you good luck!I regret i was so stupid to buy it.

Comment

"Run as admininstator..." no longer works for me. The game always returns empty list.

Comment

I have tried the "Run as Administrator" option (on Vista 32bit) and it doesn't appear to make any difference.

What I find a bit puzzling is that even if I know the IP of my server, then attempting to connect to it via open ipaddress:gamepass doesn't work either. A buddy of mine was somehow able to connect to my dedicated server (with the new ut3.exe patched version) and was the only one of my group (10 of us) who could actually connect.

I kinda laughed, because I couldn't connect to my own server which is 6 feet away from me over the Internet game browser option. If I launched it with the -bIsLanServer=True option, naturally it would work fine.

Epic, I think I understand why you would use GameSpy, it is to authenticate CD_Key information (connecting to "the world" etc.). Given the amount of time that UT3 has been out now, any chance that we could have a -bypasscheck switch or -cachedcredentials switch that we could use to launch our dedicated servers with?.

If we could have a GUID for every previously authenticated GameSpy account, somehow cached on the dedicated server, then it would still allow some form of control. Perhaps something that still allows GameSpy to do it's thing, but still allows us to play.

Maybe piracy is a great reason to have implemented GameSpy (besides the server browser tech, messaging, stats, etc), and I applaud you for not going with some nasty DRM schema, but at this point of time, in a situation where I am sure many hardcore fans would like to play, it would be nice for those who host servers to have something that preserves your desire for legitimate copies to play while respecting the fact that the rare time when GameSpy goes down for a long time, we still have the ability to play.

Just my two cents, not a rant or a rave. We could just as easily be dealing with a DNS flood, BGP packet spoofing or some other bot storm on the net and that would be completely out of your control.

Here is a question for other posters..... would HAMACHI work to host a LAN game and
                    then have friends connect to the LAN game via the Hamachi VPN?. Should right?
                    Would ping be brutal?.. probably, but I guess it might be one way to get the frag hit that some of us need.

Cheers,

Lexx000

Comment

In the meantime.. do we have options, or can they be made available in the future?

I have tried the "Run as Administrator" option (on Vista 32bit) and it doesn't appear to make any difference.

What I find a bit puzzling is that even if I know the IP of my server, then attempting to connect to it via open ipaddress:gamepass doesn't work either. A buddy of mine was somehow able to connect to my dedicated server (with the new ut3.exe patched version) and was the only one of my group (10 of us) who could actually connect.

I kinda laughed, because I couldn't connect to my own server which is 6 feet away from me over the Internet game browser option. If I launched it with the -bIsLanServer=True option, naturally it would work fine.

Epic, I think I understand why you would use GameSpy, it is to authenticate CD_Key information (connecting to "the world" etc.). Given the amount of time that UT3 has been out now, any chance that we could have a -bypasscheck switch or -cachedcredentials switch that we could use to launch our dedicated servers with?.

If we could have a GUID for every previously authenticated GameSpy account, somehow cached on the dedicated server, then it would still allow some form of control. Perhaps something that still allows GameSpy to do it's thing, but still allows us to play.

Maybe piracy is a great reason to have implemented GameSpy (besides the server browser tech, messaging, stats, etc), and I applaud you for not going with some nasty DRM schema, but at this point of time, in a situation where I am sure many hardcore fans would like to play, it would be nice for those who host servers to have something that preserves your desire for legitimate copies to play while respecting the fact that the rare time when GameSpy goes down for a long time, we still have the ability to play.

Just my two cents, not a rant or a rave. We could just as easily be dealing with a DNS flood, BGP packet spoofing or some other bot storm on the net and that would be completely out of your control.

Here is a question for other posters..... would HAMACHI work to host a LAN game and
                      Would ping be brutal?.. probably, but I guess it might be one way to get the frag hit that some of us need.

Cheers,

Lexx000

Comment

It will work.
                        Pings should be great if the host isn't behind Symmetric NAT.

Comment

The "right click" thingy worked for me and I run Vista 64 bit.

Comment

The only way for me to join a online game is if I "follow player" from my friendlist. But that requires that I have a friend online.

Comment

it works now for me since this morning (server browsing and joining), and running as admin is something you should never do...

i try set up a server now and see if people join it
                              ok they join

Comment

Working...
                              X