Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging Issues...HELP!

hi Everyone

I've been away for a while since i was in the process of moving house. Im all settled (almost) coz finally have BBand setup at home...But for some reason i can't logon to Ut3. I read some of the threads abt the servers being down.. but that has nothing to do with the Login proces right?
    The message im gettin is 'The online service is unavailable right now. Please try to reconnect later'... or something to that effect
    Now for my details

Im in the UK
    My BBand connection is O2
    I have already checked my firewall settings (they're fine)

now i dont have an other game to check if i can connect to online games apart from UT3

I can access my internet for all other purposes without any probs (Msn, email, fourms etc etc)
    Other (maybe) relevant info:
    -I have done a speed test on the line and i do get a stable connection
    -The wireless router is setup automatically though i've had a look at its settings and cant find anything to indicate anything blocking UT3
    -I have tried to create a new account but still getting the same error

Im DESPERATE.. HELP .. HELP ME PLZ!!!

please let me know if i've missed out any important info

Thank you

bumping.. Can someone plz help?
    I even tried setting up port forwarding for the game... although im not sure how it would help coz thats if you want to host a server right?

Comment

bumping

bumping.. Can someone plz help?
      I even tried setting up port forwarding for the game... although im not sure how it would help coz thats if you want to host a server right?

Comment

Try creating a DMZ? I don't really know.

Comment

I spoke to my ISP (O2/Be) and they mentioned that the ip address i have is a new one and some websites and application use the ip to check the location for the user. My ip address starts with 94.x.x.x. So i checked on 'whatismyipaddess.com' to see if it can locate my geographically and it couldn't. the Isp guys said till take a few days before the ip address is 'registered everywhere'.
          That kinda makes sense so..im going to have to wait...
          Has anyone else come across this (agree) or have another explaination to my problem.

Thanks bclagge for trying... btw how do you creat DMZ?

Comment

just bumping to get some help...
            are there any ip address changin software?

Comment

A DMZ is a demilitarized zone (assuming it's a borrowed military term). It's a state you put your router in that basically opens all your ports. It's not a perfect solution if it works as it leaves you vulnerable. If you want to try it out, go here: http://www.geocities.com/jimbobjoe14580/dmz.html

Comment

its fixed... Apprently the ip address i was given was a from a newly alloted range which all the popular servers arent aware of. Looks like O2 (my isp) would have informed them of the Ip address being a vaild one... and now i can logon to Ut3
                Thought id let anyone know (if they have the same issue) that they just need to wait it out for the isp provider to sort it out for them... it took O2 4-5 days to sort out mine
                Thanks for the support!

Comment

Working...
                X