Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

ATI 4670, 80$ graphics card that delivers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI 4670, 80$ graphics card that delivers.

I would assume that there are alot of people in here that need a GPU upgrade pretty bad, but dont really have the $$$ to do it. Well the 4670 ATI card just got relesed at the 80$ price point, and the 4650 at only 60$. The 4670 offers alot of performance for only 80$. Here's some reviews:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/ati-ra...4670-review/14
    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/792/11/
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...iew/page18.asp
    http://hothardware.com/Articles/ATI-...tream/?page=11

Now if you have an extra 20-30$ go with a 9600gt/ati3870.

PS: The best thing about this card is that it doesnt require a power connector, and can run on power supply's 400w and below. So no additional upgrades should be required.

Haha man you know wha, I was thinking of picking this card up. We havent gotten them in at work yet but when we do, I will get it fo sho.
    I wont have my 9600GT anymore (because getting rid of this whole system) and just need something cheap and faster than a 2600XT. This card is slower than the 9600GT and faster than the 2600XT that i used to use and so I think this will be fine for me until next year

Im still confused tho, on some benchies its a little faster than the 9600GT? seriously now, wha? Is that right>?
    Ima OC the **** out of it. I am somewhat disappointed by the overclocking results that the websites showed using the ATI control panel booo~! Thats no way to OC. I hope when its released that RivaTuner will support it and lets see what this card can really do!

and for fun, heres some quick benchies that i saved from other sites.

Here's hoping that this card will perform better after drivers mature.

Comment

The new rivatuner is out now, full support for the Ati 4800 series, and the GTX 260/280

Link: http://downloads.guru3d.com/RivaTune...nload-163.html

Comment

From what it seems its somewhat superior to my card and 80$ is a **** good price, I might just get one.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
          From what it seems its somewhat superior to my card and 80$ is a **** good price, I might just get one.
          If you still have a ATI 1950 or lower, or a 8600gt or lower this would make a nice upgrade for only 80$. (Just remember, for an extra 30-40$ you can have a 9600gt/3870ati, which will provide a fair amount more performance)

Like I was saying in the OP, this card will not require a power supply upgrade, or even a power connector from your current PS. This would be ideal for anyone that has an older com with a 400w PS or lower, or someone that may run into issues with the sizes of the higher end cards. So if you have a mini tower(dell/HP), this may be perfect for you.

Comment

MTL 3 of us in vent right now. You ever coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
              If you still have a ATI 1950 or lower, or a 8600gt or lower this would make a nice upgrade for only 80$. (Just remember, for an extra 30-40$ you can have a 9600gt/3870ati, which will provide a fair amount more performance)

Like I was saying in the OP, this card will not require a power supply upgrade, or even a power connector from your current PS. This would be ideal for anyone that has an older com with a 400w PS or lower, or someone that may run into issues with the sizes of the higher end cards. So if you have a mini tower(dell/HP), this may be perfect for you.
              I got a X1800XT CF 512mb and I can only afford around 90$ or maybe 100$...
              Regardless all I want is run the most recent games on a medium settings setup with a decent resolution on a good 50+fps and get some improvement while using UED4 also.

Not expecting miracles on a 80$ card but at least a good improvement on what I have right now thats what I need and this seems to be what I need so far.

As much as I like my card its time to put her as a backup card.
              In the past 3 years or so she gave me awesome fragging moments.

Thanks for posting this info here.

Comment

I got a X1800XT CF 512mb and I can only afford around 90$ or maybe 100$...
                Regardless all I want is run the most recent games on a medium settings setup with a decent resolution on a good 50+fps and get some improvement while using UED4 also.

Not expecting miracles on a 80$ card but at least a good improvement on what I have right now thats what I need and this seems to be what I need so far.

As much as I like my card its time to put her as a backup card.
                In the past 3 years or so she gave me awesome fragging moments.

Thanks for posting this info here.
                I was just trying to make it clear that this is not considered a enthusist card, more general purpose. It seems that for you, this card should do everything you want and more I just hope that no one buys this card expecting miracles thats all. This is definitly a case where you get what you pay for, but for 80$ the performace is exellent. Nvidia's direct competitor at the same price is the 9500gt, and this 4670 absolutly destroys it. The closest competitor performance wise is the 9600gso/9600gt for an extra 20-30$

Comment

I understand the card capabilities, thanks for sharing your knowledge on the subject.
                  Happy fragging

Comment

I understand the card capabilities, thanks for sharing your knowledge on the subject.
                    Happy fragging
                    No problem. Once you get it let me know how it is for you, if you dont mind.

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
                      No problem. Once you get it let me know how it is for you, if you dont mind.
                      I got the card today and gave it a little test run with UT3, aside from having PS4 the smoothness increased alot I kept the settings at 2/2, motion blur on, fov 100, scr% 100 and resolution at 1024x768 and most times had more than 60fps compared to 40~ish with the 1800.
                      Then I cranked the resolution to 1280x1024 and kept an average of 50fps, I haven't messed with CCC settings yet but i will run some more serious tests later tonight and see how it fares and post some results.
                      Tho I must say that Merc2 runs awesome with this card so i have high hopes for UT3.

Comment

Cool. MTL should have 1 of those soon as well. I believe he plans to get a second one for crossfire a little later on.

Comment

I got the card todayD
                          Where did you find it? or did you buy online?

Comment

Originally posted by MTL View Post
                            Where did you find it? or did you buy online?
                            I got it at the store on the same day they put them on sale, but I'm in europe so stock here its just like an apetizer.
                            Me and a buddie got lucky enough to get one.
                            i got UT3 runing

@1280x1024
                            texture 3
                            world detail 2
                            fov 100
                            scr% 100
                            intense post process
                            motion blur on
                            no vsync
                            no aa

And I get from 40 fps up to 70 fps depending on gametype map and how heavy the action is going on, but most times I get around 50's.
                            Also I have 2gb ram 800mhz dual channel, PentiumD 3.2 ghz (dual core) 7200rpm SATA2 hdd and XP 64bit.

I haven't tryed on Vista tho.

I'm quite happy so far, all games I tryed ran quite good.

Comment

Got mine for 60 bucks, 15 dollars off and free shipping from new egg, it was my lucky day the 15 dollar off promo code ended the next day, luck y me!

Comment

Working...
                              X