Big trouble with UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well i have now new psu 500W, but it didnt help on 100%...ye i I can play longer , but sometime its crash . So what could be the problem now ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the one I linked above.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...orsair%20550vx

This will last you for a while even if you decide to further upgrade your hardware... except it won't handle SLI or Crossfire, so if you plan on using more than 1 vid card, you'd have to get a 650 or 750W depending on which vid cards and on the rest of your system. It can handle most dual-core and quad-core systems though, even when OC'd. All the Corsair TX/VX/HX line of power supplies are very well built with high quality materials and give very stable voltage (unstable voltages cause your system to crash and freeze).. every review site rates them among the best.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well, then only think i could ask u, that witch PSU should i buy for my system? well. [p.s. i dont what to buy a extrem psu monster ] cuz many psu aint working with amd athlon cpu=)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dual cores also take more power than single-core, and even though 400w is the 'bare minimum' I would highly recommend a good quality 500+W PSU at least. It would stress a 400w one too much which can lead to degraded 3d performance and eventually freezes/shutdowns.

I had a 480W PSU, but after upgrading to a dual core it started freezing from time to time, then within a month my system would completely shut down... I would turn it back on and less than an hour later it shuts down again. Upgraded to the PSU that I linked in my above post and since then it's been 100% stable.. not a single crash/freeze or shutdown.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your card needs a 400w min power supply sorry to say .
    make sure its power supply is correctly fitted too
    I currenty have a 400w supply but it only just about copes.

VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32BIT, SP1
    ECS KN1 SLI EXTREME
    AMD ATHLON 4200+ 2.2Ghz overclocked 10%
    2 Gig memory (T1 Timming)
    80 Gig sataII HD x 2
    Zotac Ge Force 8600 GT 512MB
    nvidia physx pack 177.92
    400w PSU

Leave a comment:

• replied
    350W??? Are you serious?

Big problem. I recommend this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9004&Tpk=550vx

You won't be able to play with a 350w... heh sorry there is no way. Really got to upgrade that PSU to a good high quality, minimum 500-550w or so.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mb if i run it on winXP 64 it will help me ? [i cant buy new power supply right now ]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Froooom im using 8600 gt superoverclocked from evga
    hydro33 when i buyed my pc it was there [**** fujitcu siemens ]
    im thinking its becuase i have only 350 watt ?! but im not shore how to change it [i dont know how plug my mother with new power thing]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Check mother board spec i dont think your processor is recomended only single core for the ASUS A8NE-FM

VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32BIT, SP1
    ECS KN1 SLI EXTREME
    AMD ATHLON 4200+ 2.2Ghz overclocked 10%
    2 Gig memory (T1 Timming)
    80 Gig sataII HD x 2
    Zotac Ge Force 8600 GT 512MB
    nvidia physx pack 177.92

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well i tryed to remove some memory from slots to 2 gb, but ut crashes is still ther =( i tryed to update nforce drivers, it didnt help either =(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i figured out that i had a problem with my motherboard, my memory slots 1 + 3 gave bad test results.
    After removing the memory from those slots ut3 did not crash anymore

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey try reducing ram to 2gb and reducing ram timings as well... try with 1gb, 2gb and so on. if windows starts but games crash when u try to run them... ram timing maybe the problem... maybe...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Depends on which 8600GT you have to be honest, it varies with the brand of it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The 8600 is most likely your problem, as it is a very hot running card. You can raise the rpm's of the fan with the Nvidia Tuner. Once you do that, I suspect your crashes will subside.

If they don't, keep the rpm's of the fan high and in the Settings, turn down the settings, and if you are using an LCD display, with high resolutiion, you will have to lower it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    try nvidia 169.38 I think they always worked for my 7600gt I have an hd4850 now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X