Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big trouble with UT3

Hi,
    since i got my ut3 i allways had a problem. When im playing it sometimes its just crash or my pc stop working. i have patched it to 1.3 and the problem is still there!=(
    PC:
    -Motherboard:ASUS A8NE-FM
    -CPU: Amd Athlon 64X2 4200+
    -3gb SDRAM DDR
    -NVidia GeForce 8600 gt

things to always check:
    -Temperatures > best not to have cpu above 60*C, vga above 80*C
    -VGA drivers > sometimes they suck. use a previous driver version.
    -Power > best not to game on a 300W PSU.
    -Overclocks > set to default and see if problem persists.

Comment

I try'd it all, its no use... u know its pretty lame when u love the game but u cant play it =(
      Well ill try to install new Chipset drivers, mb its the problem.

Comment

try nvidia 169.38 I think they always worked for my 7600gt I have an hd4850 now.

Comment

The 8600 is most likely your problem, as it is a very hot running card. You can raise the rpm's of the fan with the Nvidia Tuner. Once you do that, I suspect your crashes will subside.

If they don't, keep the rpm's of the fan high and in the Settings, turn down the settings, and if you are using an LCD display, with high resolutiion, you will have to lower it.

Comment

Depends on which 8600GT you have to be honest, it varies with the brand of it!

Comment

hey try reducing ram to 2gb and reducing ram timings as well... try with 1gb, 2gb and so on. if windows starts but games crash when u try to run them... ram timing maybe the problem... maybe...

Comment

i figured out that i had a problem with my motherboard, my memory slots 1 + 3 gave bad test results.
                After removing the memory from those slots ut3 did not crash anymore

Comment

Well i tryed to remove some memory from slots to 2 gb, but ut crashes is still ther =( i tryed to update nforce drivers, it didnt help either =(

Comment

Check mother board spec i dont think your processor is recomended only single core for the ASUS A8NE-FM

VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32BIT, SP1
                    ECS KN1 SLI EXTREME
                    AMD ATHLON 4200+ 2.2Ghz overclocked 10%
                    2 Gig memory (T1 Timming)
                    80 Gig sataII HD x 2
                    Zotac Ge Force 8600 GT 512MB
                    nvidia physx pack 177.92

Comment

Froooom im using 8600 gt superoverclocked from evga
                      hydro33 when i buyed my pc it was there [**** fujitcu siemens ]
                      im thinking its becuase i have only 350 watt ?! but im not shore how to change it [i dont know how plug my mother with new power thing]

Comment

mb if i run it on winXP 64 it will help me ? [i cant buy new power supply right now ]

Comment

350W??? Are you serious?

Big problem. I recommend this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9004&Tpk=550vx

You won't be able to play with a 350w... heh sorry there is no way. Really got to upgrade that PSU to a good high quality, minimum 500-550w or so.

Comment

Your card needs a 400w min power supply sorry to say .
                            make sure its power supply is correctly fitted too
                            I currenty have a 400w supply but it only just about copes.

VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32BIT, SP1
                            ECS KN1 SLI EXTREME
                            AMD ATHLON 4200+ 2.2Ghz overclocked 10%
                            2 Gig memory (T1 Timming)
                            80 Gig sataII HD x 2
                            Zotac Ge Force 8600 GT 512MB
                            nvidia physx pack 177.92
                            400w PSU

Comment

dual cores also take more power than single-core, and even though 400w is the 'bare minimum' I would highly recommend a good quality 500+W PSU at least. It would stress a 400w one too much which can lead to degraded 3d performance and eventually freezes/shutdowns.

I had a 480W PSU, but after upgrading to a dual core it started freezing from time to time, then within a month my system would completely shut down... I would turn it back on and less than an hour later it shuts down again. Upgraded to the PSU that I linked in my above post and since then it's been 100% stable.. not a single crash/freeze or shutdown.

Comment

Working...
                              X