Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Patch 1.3 fixed the issue with hosting a game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Patch 1.3 fixed the issue with hosting a game ?

Hi there folks i was just wondering if the latest patch has fixed the issue with hosting a game because for me its the only thing missing & truth be told the only reason i bought it!

I realy like the game itself infact if im honnest its the best of the bunch, me & my dad bought this game with the hope of playing each other over the net because we live so far away & what better way to have father sin time than running around a map killing each other with rocket launchers ha!

We can both join servers that people have started but we want to do our own game via the host game section.

any help on this matter is appreciated.

Stephen.

Originally posted by Stephronator View Post
    Hi there folks i was just wondering if the latest patch has fixed the issue with hosting a game because for me its the only thing missing & truth be told the only reason i bought it!

I realy like the game itself infact if im honnest its the best of the bunch, me & my dad bought this game with the hope of playing each other over the net because we live so far away & what better way to have father sin time than running around a map killing each other with rocket launchers ha!

We can both join servers that people have started but we want to do our own game via the host game section.

any help on this matter is appreciated.

Stephen.
    Have you forwarded the (default) port (7777) in your router to your computer. For him to be able to connect, you have to do this, and vice versa.

Comment

Well we tried alll that before this patch came out & no joy but i know this has been a problem with the game to date & just wondering if this patch sorts this ?

Comment

I find it realy strange that this is my second post regarding this matter & there doesnt seem to be anyone out there with the answer!

Is it that there is no way round this problem & i just need to live with it or is it that the people who know the answer just cant be bothered to help ?

surely someone from the admin side of this forum has answers to this problem because i have tried emailing epic themselves & had no reply.

i have just went through my router & opened all the nesecery ports that was mentioned in www.portforwarding.com & it still comes up witht he DMZ message.

Please help folks.

Stephen.

Comment

Taken from here:

Q: What do I have to configure when I get the NAT warning?
          A: Our NAT (network address traversal) checking code looks to see if an external game client can do two things. First, it checks to see if the router allows for unsolicited connections from unknown clients. It does this by seeing if the external game client can connect to a port that the internal game server has not sent data to the external game client on. If this fails, then your router needs to allow for unsolicited packets. Secondly, the game checks to see that the port that is externally exposed is the same as the port the game thinks it is sending/receiving on. Some routers remap (change the port number) the ports that the internal host thinks it is using to a different port. This confuses the server and prevents clients from connecting. For more information see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network...ss_translation. UT3 supports "Full cone NAT" routers only.

It seems there is no way for you to get the thing runnning when you donĀ“t have a "full cone NAT". So go and check this out.

Comment

Well i had a breif scan through that mate & its all a bit to much for me, lol.

Im just wondering why if this is a problem in the game why they (EPIC) havnt fixed it!

Is it that there not content with us just buying the games anymore that they get more money out of us by making us sign up to hosting companys to be able to play 1on1s with our friends ?

Comment

I do not think it is a bug, it is more a matter of what Protocols the game uses in the network.

Maybe you want to tell us what Router you have?

Comment

well its called the o2 wireless box 2 TG585v7

But its made by Thomson/Alcatel and portforwarding.com dont have the actual router there but there pretty much the same so used 1 of them 2 work my way through setting up the ports from 7777,7787,7778,13000,27900.

those were just ones of the top of my head but i followed the instructions to the T & still getting the same DMZ error when trying to host the game.

Comment

To be honest I gave up on trying to host a game over gamespy. If your not a network expert, just happen to have the wrong router or the wrong setup it's gonna be hard as hell to setup a server.

If only you and your dad wants to play I suggest you try Hamachi. It's a virtual private network and it's free. Might have to type in "open HamachiAdress" in console though.

Comment

i actualy have that hamachi here, have u tried that ?

Comment

ok i have this up & running how do i encorparate into the game ???????

Comment

In the hamachi window you'll see your Ip adress, in my case it's 5.198.139.208
                        That's your virtual LAN Ip

There's three buttons in that window

1. Power off/on
                        2. Networking window
                        3. configure Hamachi

click on 2 then create new network.
                        You then enter Name/password of it.

The second person must also have Hamachi of course, he will click on 2
                        then use join network

After that is done you will both be on the the VPN. You can now do what you normally can on a normal LAN. Browse each other's shared files, host games etc.
                        So in other words you just run UT3 and host a normal LAN game.
                        If you by any chance don't see that person's game use the console
                        open 5.xxx.xxx.xxx

The hamachi IP will always start with 5 and will be viewable in your window. So you will see it if your dad joins.
                        This should work, if not, Google is your friend.

Comment

Well good news folks this actualy works!

WOOOOHOOOOO!

For everyone who wants to play a private game try this little programe!

Thanks for all your help people

Comment

Working...
                          X