Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd patch and still I get random freezing.. Really fed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd patch and still I get random freezing.. Really fed up!

Well I really hoped my random freezing bug would be fixed with the latest patch but it has made no difference so I'm coming back to the forum to ask for help again (I PM'd Wartourist about this but he ignored me)

Basically, I can play for anywhere between 2 and 10 mins, then the game freezes completely. Usually, after 30 seconds or so the game comes back (occasionally the game will crash altogether), but my framerate is dropped by half. If I alt-tab out of the game and go back the framerate comes back, but it won't be long before the game freezes again.

Sometimes when the freeze occurs and the game comes back, there is no sound either. (I have disabled OpenAL)

Here are my specs:-

Motherboard:Asus P5k
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 531 GB Total
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX
    Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 240b and Hitachi 32PD3200 Plasma
    Sound Card: Auzen X-Fi Audio [EC00]
    Speakers/Headphones: Tannoy 6.1
    Keyboard: Logitech Elite
    Mouse: Logitech MX 300
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

Please someone help, I really want to play UT3 without constant freezing, is that too much to ask?

I'd Imagine Wartourist receives tons of PMs, and can't answer them all, which is why s/he has posted stickies detailing common issues.

As for your problem...I notice you have an X-Fi soundcard, have you tried disabling it via device manager, or removing all traces of the sound drivers ??

Comment

Originally posted by SeLeX View Post
      I'd Imagine Wartourist receives tons of PMs, and can't answer them all, which is why s/he has posted stickies detailing common issues.

As for your problem...I notice you have an X-Fi soundcard, have you tried disabling it via device manager, or removing all traces of the sound drivers ??
      I've not tried this, but then I would get no sound?! That's not really an acceptable solution....

Comment

Originally posted by BuckoA51 View Post
        I've not tried this, but then I would get no sound?! That's not really an acceptable solution....
        No won't be a an acceptable solution, but once you find out what is causeing your problem then you have a chance to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by super0sonic View Post
          No won't be a an acceptable solution, but once you find out what is causeing your problem then you have a chance to fix it.
          True, ok I'll try tonight.

Comment

Your motherboard does have onboard sound you know. Headphones and mic work well with a USB sound card which is yet another option.

Comment

Originally posted by super0sonic View Post
              Exactly !! It's just step by step problem solving.
              It seems a lot of people are having issues specifically with X-Fi soundcards, so the best way is to try rule it out first.

I'd further oldkawman1's suggestion by testing your onboard sound ( if it applies to you ) with UT3 as a comparison.

Good luck with it still !!

Comment

OK I disabled my sound card in device manager, rebooted and attached a pair of Logitech USB headphones. The game does the same freezing up as it always did.

I've now tried changing my motherboard, CPU, ram, operating system AND sound card to try and get this game running. The only thing left is my video card, but this game is supposed to work with a 7900GTX ?

Comment

I came on here because mine's freezing up to, and it's not my computer. Something's not tweaked right in the game. Although I will say the AI is working much better than it ever has with patch 1.3 .

Comment

Originally posted by BuckoA51 View Post
                    The only thing left is my video card, but this game is supposed to work with a 7900GTX ?
                    I use a 7900GS AGP version, and it's all good in my case !!
                    Did you get these issues with the demo version ??

Comment

I got the idea.. epic dont really care about all the freezes and crashes on the pc.. as long as ps3 and xbox360 are selling there ok with it all.. this will also be the last time i ever buy a product of them.. been crashing and hanging, since i bought this game.. and browsed the forum frequently for solutions.. but so far no go.. after 11 months and .. 3 patches the game still hangs and lock ups every 5 to 10 minute of play..

Comment

im in the same boat. my pc is at a level where I would need a full pc upgrade just to change one part.

I ran the game fine upto patch 1.2 then it reboots my pc everytime.

its unacceptable from such a high ranking organisation as Epic Games.

Comment

Originally posted by SeLeX View Post
                          I use a 7900GS AGP version, and it's all good in my case !!
                          Did you get these issues with the demo version ??
                          Yes I did, every version I've ever tried has done exactly the same. Gwenthar, I too am left wondering if Epic really care about the PC version

Comment

Great still no help from Epic with this issue thanks guys.

Comment

wow this is disappointing to see that so many people are having the same issue and Epic seems to not give a ****. I ahve the same issue. I have tried everything listed on these forums and still locks up.

Comment

Working...
                              X