Video Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Card?

Right now I'm running a 2140@1.6Ghz with 4GB RAM and Vista Home Premium (dual boot with Ubuntu). I'd like an inexpensive video card that will work with my painfully anemic 250w PSU, so I can run UT3 on my PC. Any ideas? Thanks.

Geforce 8600GT is a midrange card when talking about UT3, it's not very expensive,
    about 70 dollars nowadays. I've bought the MSI-version, which is very silent!

Comment

Originally posted by Froooooom View Post
      Geforce 8600GT is a midrange card when talking about UT3, it's not very expensive,
      about 70 dollars nowadays. I've bought the MSI-version, which is very silent!
      You need to get only the DDR3 version of the 8600GT. There are like 60+ different 8600GT cards out there. Many are DDR2 versions and perform very poorly. They all cost about the same but performance can vary by a factor or 2 or more.

Comment

Totally right, thanks for the additional info oldkawman1!

Comment

Originally posted by Froooooom View Post
          Totally right, thanks for the additional info oldkawman1!
          NVidia and all the makers of these cards really need to stop calling everything a GT. I do believe they have not so honorable motives for making all the names the same. It's buyer beware and do your homework. Even then you still have to hope the drivers work for your setup.

Comment

Working...
          X