Mouse no worky in UT3 only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse no worky in UT3 only

I was playing last nite when all of a sudden certain mouse functions were not working. I closed the game and when i tried to start it again i couldn't get thru the menus because i could not click certain buttons like the "play offline" button. The enter button on the keayboard would allow me to click certain buttons on screens where there was only one button. But any time there was more than one like the screen that has the play offline one, it would try and log me in when i hit enter and i couldn't click play offline.

The mouse functions all work as normal in all other games, just not UT3 ! I tried applying patches over themselves and that didn't work, and uninstalling it doesn't offer a repair function. i have not altered the game in any way and it's always worked fine and this happened in the middle of a game where it was working fine till then. The mouse is a MX518, but the fact it work fine in all other games and in windows makes me think it's not a issue with the mouse itself. I also tried removing many ini and other files that seemed to be configuration files and starting the game w/o them to see if it would make new ones and then work, but no joy.

Any ideas before i go thru re-installing the game and having to put all my maps and mutators back?

If you're using the setpoint-software (that piece of sh..), check your UT3-specific binds, maybe something got mixed up there. Only thing I could think of.

Comment

what mouse? I was getting strange issues with my Razer Copperhead and UT3.exe, both game and editor... Reinstalling the mouse drivers seems to have fixed it....crosses fingers..

Comment

You don't have to re-install the game. Go to your 'MyDocuments/MyGames/UT3/UTGame/Config' folder. There you will find a UTInput.ini, delete it. Start up UT3 and it will recreate the file with all your in-game commands/binds set back to the default settings. Hopefully that will fix the mouse for you.

Comment

I already did that. that was one of the files i mentioned removing to see if the newly created one would fix it. No dice.

anyways, i just said f it and reinstalled. So of course it can never be that easy. i was now able to play. But now more BS. First i installed just my fav few mutators and they worked fine. 2 of them are the redeemizer (sp?) and the jetpack. they both worked, great. then i forgot that i didn't install another of my fav muts and when i did the jetpack and redeemizer both stopped working. I then removed the mut that the game didn't work after installing. But they still don't work.

It can't be the mutators because these are the same muts i used before w/o issues. WTF is going on here?!

Comment

Did you patch to 1.2 after reinstalling?

Comment

Working...
            X