Graphic Errors T_T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphic Errors T_T

First of all, this is my first message here, and I would love to say that I have played all the tournament games, and they rock especially when playing with some friends.

But, I have some errors that mostly ruins my joy, I have Asus 7900GTX but I get some strange graphic lines when playing (not all the time tough)
    Here's an example:
    [shot]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6807/erroryl2.jpg[/shot]

I also get some ''fake dead pixel'' errors obvious especially in black pages, and they leave something like a trail when I scroll the page. (this is occasional,too, since right now I don't get these errors at all but a few hours ago there was a bunch of these)
    An example:
    [shot]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2640/error2lh0.jpg[/shot]

And one more thing, I just can't get used to using shock rifle, ppl just strafe and I can't hit anything with it, what are your advices,tips/hints?

Ahh... I've had this happen to me when I had a Radeon 9800 Pro a few years back. I don't know what actually caused it. My card, I had for 5-6 years and figured it was just wearing out. You'll need to get a new card or your card repaired. The graphic problems will slowly get worse till your whole screen is distorted and you can't tell what anything is in game. And I had nice matrix screen look going when viewing anything else.

Comment

IAA that not good have you look if you card is plugt in good in if that not work check if the cable is plugt good in if that not working you have too buy a new 1

Comment

I checked the connections, they seem ok.
        up please, I still haven't solved the problem.

Comment

If you overclocked the card revert any settings, clean out any dust from the heatsinks.

It looks like your video card is failing, RMA it as soon as possible.

Comment

You won't be able to fix it as it is a malfunction in your graphics card. Updating drivers won't help. You'll need to get a new card or send your card out to get repaired, if still under warrenty. You can still use it if you don't mind the small distrotions. But it will get worse as time goes on.

Comment

I have a couple 7900GTX cards in SLI and have none of those problems. It may be your card is going bad. The 7900GTX uses about 100 watts of power. So you need a good power supply and proper cooling. If you have had the card a while, maybe just replace it with a 8800GT or something.

You can try the standard stuff. Remove the card and then reseat it. If your using a power adapter cable, 2X 4 pin -> 6 pin, make sure the connections are secure.

Comment

I worked at a computer lab that got 24 computers with 7900GTX cards 2 years ago, 5 of the video cards have needed to be replaced because of artifacting and freezing due to faulty hardware after a year. Two more will likely be replaced soon. In other hardware, 2 mobos and one hard drive have also failed there. Overall not too bad other than the batch of bad video cards.

Comment

It happened as you guys said. These distortions got worse, especially in Crysis, I need to alt+tab once like in 10 seconds, and it becomes the same after a couple of seconds, so I ordered a HIS 4850 IceQ 4 Turbo. It should come next monday or so.

Do you think I feel the quality difference between my current card and 4850?

Comment

Working...
                  X