Cooker Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooker Crash

Hey. When I try to cook a map, the black console window will come up and there will be no text for approximately 30-45 seconds, then this text shows up:
    Code:
    Init: Version: 3543
    Init: Epic Internal: 0
    Init: Compiled: Feb 13 2008 20:45:17
    Init: Command Line: -platform=PC testmap -AlwaysRecookMaps - UpdateInisAuto
    Init: Base directory: E:\program files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\
    Init: Character set: Unicode
    Log: Executing Class Editor.CookPackagesCommandlet
    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Editor.int
    After it shows the last line of that, I get a "Send Error Report" crash. The editor doesn't crash. Just the cooker. I can return to the editor just fine and work on my map. It doesn't just happen with one map either. It happens with maps that I've cooked before, new maps, even maps included with UT3 that I've just copied to a different location. It didn't used to be like this. I never had a problem until recently. I used to cook maps all the time. I haven't changed anything about my system. My drivers are up to date and so is UT3 and the code. If I do a "Build All" in the editor I can do a play test just fine. I get no errors whatsoever from building in the editor. The game itself works perfectly too. It's just the cooker that crashes.

Help PLEASE!

Thank You!

If it helps, here's my specs (even though I've cooked before with no problem):
    Code:
    Windows XP Professional SP2
    ASRock AM2NF4G-SATA2 Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.0GHz
    2048MB RAM
    XFX Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS 256MB 1440x900
    Sata HDD on E: 73.6 GB Free (E: is my primary)

I run UT3 on Max settings with and average of ~30fps

bump for help needed

Comment

it cant be a problem with the map. ive tried it with multiple maps. ive even tried doing something like opening heatray and saving it with a different name in the custommaps folder and then trying to cook it without changing anything and it still crashes. i'll try the thing with the config files.

EDIT: I deleted all my config files. My cooker still crashes but it takes about 4 times as long to do it (it crashes at the same spot, it just hangs there longer).

Comment

SWEET! i installed the new 1.3 patch and my cooker works now!!

Comment

Wow! this is the EXACT same problem I am having! I wish someone knew the answer. I have the 1.3 patch so it can't be the ultimate answer. My map uses a lot of different packages and it won't even open unless I preload a couple of packages (it will crash without even showing the level). Now, I'm trying to cook it but it crashes before finishing or loading the local shaders. I have tried going back to older saved files of the level and even some of the more basic ones won't cook. It must be something stupid that I'm overlooking, or it may be a problem with memory (although I have 4GB). Please help!

Comment

Working...
          X