UT3 Control issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Control issues

Hi, just got UT3 for the xbox 360 and have found that annoyingly keeps vearing left with out me touching the controller. So I keep falling of the edges of bridges ect...
    A friend also has the same issue on the 360, is this common? how can it be fixed?
    should I just take it back!!

Anyone help?

many thanks,

P.S

this is not my controller as it works fine on everything else!!

can any one assist??

Comment

EPIC's fault, they aware of it, will have to wait for patch

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
        EPIC's fault, they aware of it, will have to wait for patch
        Thanks, will just come DLC as an update then??

Comment

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...616346&page=19
          Will get some more info there, unfortunately there's no HotFix

Comment

how can they release a game with a known glitch as this!! £40 of good earned money i expect it to run as smooth as silk. I find this problem spoils the game, a dam shame really that i will probably get rid of this for something that actually works properly!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulmilly View Post
              how can they release a game with a known glitch as this!! £40 of good earned money i expect it to run as smooth as silk. I find this problem spoils the game, a dam shame really that i will probably get rid of this for something that actually works properly!!!!!!!
              You want to try the retail unpatched PC version. If you think an unfixed controller glitch is unacceptable on the retail console version then the PC version would probably make your head explode considering what it had wrong with it on release.

Comment

Sureley this game was extensively tested before release!! unless is was a case of "well yes there is quite a few bugs but what the hell release it any way the money will be in the bank earning interest before we have to act". No other company would survive with this attitude. I know its a small glitch but if COD4 had been released with this there would have been uproar.

perhaps invinity wards standards and respect for gamers is much higher?

Lets hope Gears 2 is as good as the first. Maybe this is where all the concentration & focus has been. "Forget poor old UT3 just get Gears right and then they will forgive us" and do you know what we probably will. Suckers

Comment

Basically it is the fact these modern consoles have hard drives or some sort of built-in storage that allows game to be patched. Prior to this evolution of the home game's console, once a console game went gold that was it; it couldn't be fixed without recalling the game from the consumer. Thus the attitude towards bug testing was fairly tight as a result. Some bugs slipped through the net but nothing overly huge or noticeable most of the time. Now consoles are more like PC's, the QA has followed the same route - essentially when the game goes gold they couldn't give a toss if it has a bad bug or glitch in it because "it can be fixed in a patch".

Welcome to the wonderful world of the PC game's industry...

Comment

Seems madness to me, this only leaves gamers feeling disapointed when they first play there shiny new game! Is this a money issue? does it cost more to develope patches or to get the game right in the first place? Dont get me wrong there are far worse games out there for more than the £40 price tag for UT3, which i find a complete **** take and shoudn't be allowed to be sold for that price.

Rant over, going on UT3 now to fall of more bridges, landscapes & anything else without a wall to my left to stop me!!

Comment

Working...
                    X