ok, i'm a noob. i donno how to put in character into UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i'm a noob. i donno how to put in character into UT3

I've tried putting them into the my documents folder thing when you install UT3 (<what ever your file is called for my documents>/My Games/UT3 - etc etc)

and they don't come up. i'm trying to put in Cylon Centurion and Master Chief skins. I have no clue what to do

Please read previous posts.
    I just answered this same question 2 days ago.
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=618090

Comment

i don't see how u do it though, and i've done searchs and all that good stuff and no find

Comment

Okay, here's what you do. Navigate to your:

C:\Users\*Username*\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC

You might have to create the 'Published' and 'CookedPC' folder if you haven't created them yet. There might be an 'UnPublished' folder so be careful to not confuse them. You need the 'Published' folder archives. Now you should have 3 folders within your 'CookedPC' folder. They are 'CustomMaps', 'CustomChars', and 'Script'. You might have to create them if they are not there.

The .upk files will need to go into the 'CustomChars' folder.

The .u files will need to go into the 'Script' folder.

Now the last part involves an .ini file. I've notice that they are coming now in 2 different ways. The first is easy. You might have a folder label something like 'CH_Chief' with the .ini file inside. Just place the folder with the .ini file inside in your 'CustomChars' folder.

The other .ini file, just comes by it's self. In this case, you will need to open it up in something like Notepad. Navigate to:

C:\Users\*Username*\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

There you will find a 'UTCostumChar.ini file. Open it up also. Now you will need to copy and paste all the info from the characters .ini file into the 'UTCostumChar.ini' file at the bottom but above the [IniVersion] section.

If you did this correctly the characters should now be available. Go into your character selection screen in your settings. Now you won't see the character on it's own faction/group. You'll need to look through each of the groups to actually find the model.

Comment

Thanks so much, it worked.

I've been trying to add these things for a month and been trying to find a threat about how to add these characters, but wasn't any luck.

Thanks again.

Comment

Thnx it worked!

Comment

Thnx it worked!

Comment

Thank you AcidVenom! Note to PC noobs like me, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT accidently go to "C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\UnrealTournament3\UTGame\Coo kedPC\Characters and put them there by mistake. If you accidently do this, you have to dig them all out of there, or you will get an "ambigous package" error when loading the game. Don't panic! Each ambigous package error will list what file you need to go delete and the file location. Then put them in the correct location (From above/previous post by AcidVenom). Hope that helps somebody. Waaaahhhhh!!!!!!!

Comment

bump for me to find again later.

Comment

this has been the most helpful thread iv seen

thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X