UT3and XP PRO x64 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3and XP PRO x64 Edition

Is there a workaround or patch that will enable UT3 to play on XP PRO x64 edition. Game installs just fine but when I go to play it the game never launches. Tried running it in compatibility mode for Win XP and nada. I'm sure there is a thread on the forums here that has some other poor soul complaining of the same problem but I can't seem to find it. If this is the wrong place to post on this subject I apologize..If Iam in the right place can anyone please help me, I have a $50 game that is beginning to look more and more like a paperweight!

2.8ghz.DualCore proc.
    2gb Crucial Ballistix Dual Channel Ram
    EVGA GeForce 9600 GT VidCard 512mb
    ULTRA X-Connect 550w PS
    Western Digital Caviar 250gb HD

My UT3 Collectors edition was running fine until this evening the 16th of July. It crashed in the middel of a campaign and won't start now. So I'm surching and working on the problem myself.

lga775 650 3.4 dual core
    4gb G.Skill 6400
    Asus P5k
    2 HD3870's crossfire

Comment

I dont think it has anything to do with XP pro x64 edition cause I and my cousin play UT3 frequently on this OS, there must be something else that is causing your problem. That may be why you couldnt find another person with the same problem.

How far do you get when tryirng to start the game, do you even get a splash screen?

Comment

It was only giving me the first screen of the startup and then going black. So about 2am I uninstalled it and deleted game folders. Then reinstalled and ran 1.2 update, its working again. Might be a bit before I try the campaigns again.

Comment

Champaign has run just fine after reinstalling the game, so I'm not sure what the problem was.

Comment

Originally posted by [BIA]War4Territory View Post
            Is there a workaround or patch that will enable UT3 to play on XP PRO x64 edition. Game installs just fine but when I go to play it the game never launches. Tried running it in compatibility mode for Win XP and nada. I'm sure there is a thread on the forums here that has some other poor soul complaining of the same problem but I can't seem to find it. If this is the wrong place to post on this subject I apologize..If Iam in the right place can anyone please help me, I have a $50 game that is beginning to look more and more like a paperweight!

2.8ghz.DualCore proc.
            2gb Crucial Ballistix Dual Channel Ram
            EVGA GeForce 9600 GT VidCard 512mb
            ULTRA X-Connect 550w PS
            Western Digital Caviar 250gb HD
            Have you installed the 1.2 patch? Originally, this was fixed with a X64 exe file. Then with patch 1.1 and 1.2 the fix was included in the patch.

My not so obsolete specs;
            Opty 180 @ 2.6GHz (socket 939)
            DFI Infinity NF4 SLI (nforce 6.85 driver)
            2GB GSkill DDR400
            2 X 7900GTX 650MHz with DDR3 512MB in SLI (175.16 driver, AFR2)
            BFG Ageia PhysX (1.1.1.14 driver)
            Koolance EXOS2 LIQUID cooling System
            Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt
            Lian Li aluminum "oldschool" case
            XP64 pro SP2 (only until Linux port arrives)
            21" Sony Trinitron G520, 100Hz refresh
            1600x1200, 2-2 quality, 60-85 FPS (I set an 85 FPS cap)
            1600x1200, 2-2 quality, 45-85 FPS PhysX maps(capped at 85)
            UT3 ver. 1.2
            http://www.oldkawman.com/liquid_cooling.html

Comment

Originally posted by Marathon View Post
              My UT3 Collectors edition was running fine until this evening the 16th of July. It crashed in the middel of a campaign and won't start now. So I'm surching and working on the problem myself.

lga775 650 3.4 dual core
              4gb G.Skill 6400
              Asus P5k
              2 HD3870's crossfire
              Chances are your ini files were corrupted when you crashed. You need to delete them in order for UT3 to use the original default files again. Go to your MyDocs/MyGames/UT3/UTGame/Config/ and delete the ini files in it. I used abreviations on the directories, but you should be able to figure it out. This is a common problem, just thank microsoft and gamespy. You will need to re-enter the DVD key and redo all your settings and stuff.

If your smart, you will make backup copies of your ini files so you can simply copy them over the bad ones. This will save you time if so you do not have to re-enter the DVD code and redo all your settings. This is really important if you are using custom key binds that you want to keep.

Comment

Working...
              X