Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PS3] Acount problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [PS3] Acount problems

    He guys,

    I was wondering when Epic is going to release a patch for the known acount problems on the PS3. For some reason a selection of PS3 acounts do not work properly with UT3. When i join a game i can play a maximum of 8 minutes online or (if the match ends earlier then 8 minutes) one match. After 8 minutes or one match i get a error witch says the connection with Epic is lost. Next to my username it says "offline" and i cant go back online and join a new multiplayer game. A lot of people has this problem and it isnt fixt yet.

    Now i made a new acount with another username, and this acount does work properly with UTIII, but i just wanna have one acount to play all my games and not another nickname specialy for UTIII. I hope Epic get this message and is willing to do something about it, im a big fan of Epic and especially of the UT games. And no; this problem isnt a error in my PS3 acount, all the other games i have (10) work like a charm.

    Greetings,

    Stefan

    #2
    I don't know if this fits your situation, but it helped me.


    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=614671

    Comment


      #3
      1. does it only do this on UT3 ( test other games )
      2. are you connecting through a router wireless or wired ( try changing it to see if it helps )
      3. if your connected through a router hook it up to the modem itself and see if it eliminates the problem.

      There should be no reason why your account would cause any of your problems, its on your end, if it was a Epic/Gamespy issue, none of us could play the game because it would be happening to us too! So test your end out first and you may find out its your setup or maybe your ps3... hopefully not but safe to test right??

      Originally posted by Cerandox View Post
      He guys,

      I was wondering when Epic is going to release a patch for the known acount problems on the PS3. For some reason a selection of PS3 acounts do not work properly with UT3. When i join a game i can play a maximum of 8 minutes online or (if the match ends earlier then 8 minutes) one match. After 8 minutes or one match i get a error witch says the connection with Epic is lost. Next to my username it says "offline" and i cant go back online and join a new multiplayer game. A lot of people has this problem and it isnt fixt yet.

      Now i made a new acount with another username, and this acount does work properly with UTIII, but i just wanna have one acount to play all my games and not another nickname specialy for UTIII. I hope Epic get this message and is willing to do something about it, im a big fan of Epic and especially of the UT games. And no; this problem isnt a error in my PS3 acount, all the other games i have (10) work like a charm.

      Greetings,

      Stefan

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by BroKen~DisK View Post
        I don't know if this fits your situation, but it helped me.


        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=614671
        This is not an router connection issue, i dont lose the connection with my router. But UT3 loses connection with my PS3 acount. When i go back to the XMB, im still online with my PS3 acount, and it isnt resigning in, it still resignt in like it was before i was playing UT3.

        Originally posted by tWc_Harmerty View Post
        1. does it only do this on UT3 ( test other games )
        2. are you connecting through a router wireless or wired ( try changing it to see if it helps )
        3. if your connected through a router hook it up to the modem itself and see if it eliminates the problem.

        There should be no reason why your account would cause any of your problems, its on your end, if it was a Epic/Gamespy issue, none of us could play the game because it would be happening to us too! So test your end out first and you may find out its your setup or maybe your ps3... hopefully not but safe to test right??

        1. No other game has this problem
        2. Wireless, but this isnt the reason. Like i said above in this post; UT3 loses connection with my acount and my acount stays logt on. I dont lose the internet connection....
        Have you even read my opening post? I dont think so, well i say it again:

        I made a new acount on my PS3, and that acount does work properly with UTIII. I can play as long is i want with my second acount i made it to play UTIII temporary, untill the problem is fixt. But the problem is still not fixt and i think its ridiculous to just use another acount for UTIII, while no other game has this problem.

        Some acounts have the problem and some acounts does not have te problem, thats why you can play the game like a charm. I can too with my second acount, but that is not the solution for this problem. Im not the only one who has this acount problem with UTIII, there are a lot more of these cases.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Cerandox View Post
          This is not an router connection issue, i dont lose the connection with my router. But UT3 loses connection with my PS3 acount. When i go back to the XMB, im still online with my PS3 acount, and it isnt resigning in, it still resignt in like it was before i was playing UT3.

          Have you even read my opening post? I don't think so, well i say it again:
          I did read it. I HAD the same exact problem!!! Thats the reason I offered you a solution. If you don't want to try it, thats fine. Just don't make assumptions about what will or wont work if your not willing to try.

          Comment


            #6
            You have not read my post properly i guess, if you did you might have noticed that i mentioned a second acount that does work properly on the same machine;

            I have another PS3 acount made especialy for UT3, i did that to test if it is a problem with my hardware at home, or a software problem. My 2nd PS3 acount works prefectly fine, and i can play for hours with that acount! With my 1st acount i can only play for 8 minutes. I can assume that its NOT an hardware issue made by my router. That i can because my 2nd acount doesnt have the problem on the same machine as my first acount.

            I dont have to try your solution because it works all fine with my 2nd acount and my problem lays with the 1st acount, not the hardware!

            Comment

            Working...
            X