Help Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me!

i just bought unreal tournament 3 and i installed it i know my comp is at or well over the recomended specs, but every time i load up the game it gives me a dialogue box that says "(..\utgame\config\utengine.ini) file is outdated and may cause crashed, would you like to automatically update it?" and i click yes..and it does nothing so i continue on and it starts to load up and then like it says, it crashes, can someone PLEASE! help me

That's a really wierd error. Reinstall UT3 and remember to patch it to the latest version manually. It may resolve your problem.

Comment

i have tried to reinstall it and how do i patch it manually? sorry for being such a noob

Comment

Does This happen to u when u are in the middle of downloading a map or downloading mission select map thing on single player

Comment

Go into your 'MyDocuments' folder. You'll need to navigate to:

MyDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

There you will find several .ini files, delete them all. Then try to start up UT3 again. What will happen is your game will recreate all those .ini files back to there default settings. Hopefully that will fix the .ini file issue. Just make sure it's the 'MyDocuments' one you delete and not the actaul installation folder ones. You'll need to have your CD Key handy as it will ask for it again.

Originally posted by XPhateX View Post
          i have tried to reinstall it and how do i patch it manually? sorry for being such a noob
          You should just have to download it and double click it. It should be straight forward from there.

Comment

google "UT3 PATCH 1.2" and run it.

Comment

acid I will try that tomorrow and tell you if it works.

I am having like the same problem, just i down loaded a file that is think made to problem. It was a Zombie head

Comment

Originally posted by XPhateX View Post
                patch is on here http://www.unrealtournament3.com/

Comment

It Worked:d:d

Comment

Working...
                  X