Joystick Not recognized in UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joystick Not recognized in UT3

I'm having problems with UT3 not recognizing my joystick.
    I configured and calibrated my joystick (Sidewinder 2) in Vista Home Premium
    Installed patch 1.2 and started UT3
    I enabled the joystick option in the game settings,but I can't program any of my joystick's buttons.
    Help.

you play fps with a joystick? crazy

Comment

y not with a mouse

Comment

i had the same problem
        i went in the .ini files and put allowjoistikinput=1 and still had no results
        anyway i found that playing with mouse isnt that bad, give it a try

Comment

Joystick? =)

Comment

I was wondering why my gamepad will not work eather. I do use a mouse i just choose to move with the left side analog stick of the gamepad.

Comment

If you like gamepads, go with the XBox 360 and use this software http://xpadder.com/
              I play with the gamepad in my left hand and a mouse in the right. I make moves that others can't with a keyboard.
              Don't listen to those that say you shouldn't use a gamepad.

Comment

Have same problem, think it's because UT3 only supports Xinput

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                  I play with the gamepad in my left hand and a mouse in the right. I make moves that others can't with a keyboard.
                  Don't listen to those that say you shouldn't use a gamepad.
                  Yes Yes Yes I agree! I have even taken two of the buttons from the right side of my gamepad and put them on the inside left handle for my pinky finger and ring finger to use them. I play br ig lowgrav multidodge in 2k4 and they are great for strafe left and right. being that dodging is about the greatest drawback to using the analog stick.

And thanks for the link i will give that program a try.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                    Have same problem, think it's because UT3 only supports Xinput
                    Not sure on why they dont work yet but there is a post here where someone got the xbox controller going for the pc.

Comment

Working...
                    X