Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    Are you running XP with SP2? Your PC is pretty old and may have registry or HD problems. Did you try following the troubleshooting FAQ at the top of this forum?
    I have service pack three, and I can't imagine that wouldn't be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fixed the UT3 "application error" on startup

Yes! I had the same issue - it's now fixed and working again.

Fresh install of ut3, ut3 patch 2, installed the bonus pack. the game works 1 time and then it will say "application error" on startup.

Delete your ut3 profile. sample path: yours will prob be in the C:\ drive.
    d:\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3

The profile became corrupt during the install of patch 2 or something. Maybe the bonus pack messed the game up. Anyways UT3 works now!!

Midway Phone support: 858-790-3900, option #4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes! I had the same issue - it's now fixed and working again.

Fresh install of ut3, ut3 patch 2, installed the bonus pack. the game works 1 time and then it will say "application error" on startup.

Delete your ut3 profile. sample path: yours will prob be in the C:\ drive.
    d:\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3

The profile became corrupt during the install of patch 2 or something. Maybe the bonus pack messed the game up. Anyways UT3 works now!!

Midway Phone support: 858-790-3900, option #4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Termborg View Post
    I looked for the launch logs in this directory..C:\Documents and Settings\taz\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3...but their was no such file.

My system Specs are 1 gig ram, ATI radeon X1650 pro, Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 Ghz.

The brand is a powerspec, a computer made by Micro Center..If you've ever heard of them.
    Are you running XP with SP2? Your PC is pretty old and may have registry or HD problems. Did you try following the troubleshooting FAQ at the top of this forum?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm... I'm completely at a loss, especially as there is no launch.log. The only other thing I can think of is going into the game directory and trying to start it without using the shortcuts. But I doubt that will work and sure you most likely already tried it.

Sorry I can't be of much help. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I looked for the launch logs in this directory..C:\Documents and Settings\taz\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3...but their was no such file.

My system Specs are 1 gig ram, ATI radeon X1650 pro, Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 Ghz.

The brand is a powerspec, a computer made by Micro Center..If you've ever heard of them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Termborg View Post
    I question I have, because I noticed on my disc what looks like a watermark, is does the first thing that the launch does is read the disc?
    No, it shouldn't need the disc to launch. Have you checked the Launch.log to see if it has errors or warnings in it that might help identify the problem? I know you said your specs are above, but could you post them. Somene else might be able to help if they know the computer specs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi! ut3 randomly started crashing at startup, just after the screenmode tried to change, i thought it was a driver issue, reinstalled graphics drivers, then the whole game, but no luck, yet this simple fix worked!

thanks acid.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Acid

I have tried the .ini fix and that doesn't work either. I also figured out that the uninstall doesn't delete the game files (lazy programming if you ask me)

The trouble with the .ini fix is, the game never gets far enough to recreate them. I'm not launching at all, My screen just sits there.

I question I have, because I noticed on my disc what looks like a watermark, is does the first thing that the launch does is read the disc?

Thanks
    Termborg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One thing you can try is deleting your .ini files. They are located in:

C:\Users\Whatever your username is\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

After you delete them, try starting up the game. Sometimes these .ini files get corrupted and doing this will cause the game to make new ones.

The other thing is when you do a reinstall, be sure to delete the UT3 folder in the 'My Documents' as the uninstall doesn't delete/remove them. If you don't, the game will keep using these files so the reinstall will basically be pointless.

Also if none this works, you can find the launch log in the 'Logs' folder under your 'My Documents\UT3' directory.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UT3 Won't launch at all after installation

UT3 Won't launch at all after installation

I Installed UT3 today, but with no success. The install went fine, but when I try to run the program the windows hourglass pops up twice, and then goes away. The program never launches.

I am above system specs, and I am sure I installed it properly, having done a reinstall three times already with no avail.

If you have any question about anything I did, or have on my computer, please post back.

Thanks
    Termborg
Working...
X