Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing Texture Detail Manually ( Through .ini File )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Texture Detail Manually ( Through .ini File )

Just like the title says, how do i change the texture detail and world detail to 5 from the .ini file. What .ini config file is it. Thanks,

-EJon

come on guys, a little help..

-EJon

Comment

Look at Ultron's Tweak Guide. It is a sticky (and top thread) for this forum page.

Comment

you mean like individually change certain textures to lower res? pretty easy...On the bottom part of your UTEngine.ini config find the section that starts with TEXTUREGROUP_ and change the min and max to half the value or what not. Dont go below 64 or it will become pixelated on some things, unless you want it like that..
        You can also change MaxAnisotropy=16 to something like ....0 or what not, but there really is no performance gain from setting it to 0.

Your best bet for more peformance without noticable difference is setting DetailMode=0
        check the tweaks in my sig.

Comment

Be careful about editing those options in the texturegroup, uh, group. You can cause your game to crash if some of those values are too high. It is best to use either a) the in-game settings or the tweak tool listed within my guide. Brad's done some amazing work with it.

Comment

Working...
          X