Stranglehold 20 Minute Load Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranglehold 20 Minute Load Time

I'm not kidding. For some reason it takes a full twenty minutes to load a map, and at least ten to load the main menu when I start the game up. Anyone got a fix?

By the way, I already posted this in the Stranglehold board at GameFAQs, but it seems to be dead. Thus, I post it here.

System specifications, please.

Comment

Stranglehold? This is a UT3 forum... or am i missing something?

Comment

2 GB RAM
        AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 2 GHz
        ATI Radeon HD 2600

As I said, I did post it somewhere else. However, the Stranglehold board at GameFAQs is dead, so I posted it here.

Comment

Hey! I have Stranglehold and the system requirements aren't listed in the package. BUT it says "optimized for dualcore" which pretty much means REQUIRES dualcore. I'm pretty sure your CPU is the problem. Reminds me of when I ran UT2004 on a 700Mhz Intel Celeron. LOL

Comment

That would explain things, but UT3's maps take about three minutes to load at worst. The Bioshock demo wasn't too bad either. However, Stranglehold's maps are huge. Anyways, I need to get a better processor. In the meantime, should I uninstall the game and free up 12 gigs of space?

Comment

I know Stranglehold is on the UE3 but it has much higher system requirements that UT3. I suggest you uninstall it for now, as it must be a real headache to play if everything takes 20 minutes to load. Bioshock's CPU requirements are much lower. I have an upper midrange system that has trouble running Stranglehold at high resolutions. My specs are Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2GB PC2 5300 667 RAM, a 7200 RPM HD, and an 8800GT (G92).

Comment

Working...
              X