Game hangs at loading after mobo replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game hangs at loading after mobo replacement

Just built a brand new pc the other month, after having it for three days (and running UT3 beautifully) the motherboard died. finally got the replacement motherboard in yesterday and now UT3 won't load. i don't get an error message, i get a hang. I'm using Vista 64 bit with an Intel QX6800 and a GF 9800 GX2. I'm at work right now so I can't check the full details of the hang, but I can succesfully play lots of other DX 9 and 10 games.

I'm considering a complete reinstall (already tried a repair) because two other games are doing a similar thing (but in there case I hadn't had a chance to test them when my pc died... i HAD installed them right before the crash) but i'd like to know if anyone has experienced the same thing and if so, if they were able to fix it.

I have tried reinstalling the game too, but I know I'm running all the same drivers as I was before, because I just changed the mobo for the exact same model.

Basically, the splash screen shows up as normal, and after a few seconds I get a tiny UT3 window that is hung. Nothing changed but my motherboard. Could it be a SID issue? Does UT3 or it's copy protection base anything on SID? Is it putting stuff in the registry I can't find that I could potentially clear out after uninstalling, then reinstall the game as normal.

One other thing I noticed, after reinstalling the game, putting in the DVD still only gives me the 'Install' option, rather than the play option.

I don't think is the SID, disable UAC, check the logs. it could be related with the graphics...

Comment

UAC already was disabled... the logs weren't showing anything... so i just gave up and reformatted. working fine again now. it must have been something related to the mobo change that caused the problems, because even though it was the exact same model motherboard, nothing changed on the software side and three games were all exhibiting the same symptoms. those three games are now all working again. thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X