Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Hardware Recomendations Almost Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Hardware Recomendations Almost Done!

Ok everyone, thanks to your help i'm almost done spec'ing out my new computer.

Here's what I have so far:

Case:Apevia X-Jupiter Jr. 420 Watts Case
    S Type Black Color with Side-Panel 250mm UV LED Fan

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 2.66 Ghz 1333FSB 12MB L2 Cache 64-Bit

R.A.M. OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

Video Card: MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported

Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Keyboard: Wolfking Timber Wolf Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Logitech MX518

Here's what I need:
    Motherboard:?????????
    Heat Sink for CPU: ????????
    Sound Card: ??????? (Don't need top of the line here)
    Power Supply Upgrade: ??????? (Comes with 420W, is it enough?)

Please poke holes in my build and leave recomendations. See you on the battlefield soon!

Originally posted by treehuger74 View Post

Video Card: MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported

Here's what I need:

Please poke holes in my build and leave recomendations. See you on the battlefield soon!

MOBO:Get a 750i or 780i Mobo for sure, to avoid issues with the newer processors.
    Heat sink: If you do not plan to OC, a stock one will do. If you do want OCing capabilities, you can get one like the one in my sig.
    Sound Card:Onboard sound on the newer MOBOs is pretty good, but if you really want a seperate one, a X-fi extreme gamer edition will do quite well.
    Power supply: No, you need a bit better than that. I could be wrong, but I believe the 8800gt requires a minimum 450w PS. Personally I would get a 800w or higher if you want to use SLI in the future.

Hope this helps.

Comment

ok, sounds good, thanks for the help

Comment

ok, sounds good, thanks for the help
        No prob. Just to let you know. The issue I was referring too with your processor on older chipsets is that you will need to do a bios update on a 6xx series motherboard for the 45nm processors. My bro just did his, and it required a CMOS reset after the bios update. You can imagine the reaction from him when he first updated the bios, and the Com wouldnt post. lol. It took a little while to figure out the CMOS reset part. For some motherboards it may not work properly at all. So BEWARE.

Comment

I'm going to save money by going with the onboard sound and get the 750i for $150.00. Thinking about switching getting the Q6600 instead of the Q9450, its $150.00 cheaper. 2.4 Ghz compared to 2.6 and 8mb cache compared to 12.

Comment

Do u really need DDR3? If u don't get 2 x 8800GT's in SLI.

MTB u have is just fine..

CPU : get an E8400, there are no real benifts for quad-cores yet. U would save like.. $200+ and then u could definitly get 2 x 8800GT's. (also, try and get XFX 8800GT's caz they are all overclocked)

Dont need a sc, and U dont need a New CPU fan, the ones INTEL provide are just fine - and they don't break ur warranty.

PSU : HX620. Corsair. (Without SLI, with SLI get HX720).

Comment

DDR2 cards run like **** compared to the DDR3 equivalent.

As for audio, a SoundBlaster X-Fi would work nicely.

Comment

You should get a Koolance EXOS2 liquid cooling system. They are very sweet, quiet, easy to install, and way more efficient than air cooled heat sinks.

Comment

Consider something NEWer

Video card NEW NEW NEW
                  http://www.lucomputers.com/product_p...&parent_id=233

$287.99

Here's what I need:

Comment

Ignore........ Strange Tapatalk failure

Comment

Working...
                    X