Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to apply mods and skins on Vista for mega noobs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to apply mods and skins on Vista for mega noobs!

I just instaled UT 3 and it is awsome but i wanna see soem modes and customize in different chars but I cant.I have Vista so i dont know ose it affect it in anyway on how i have to put files.Liek fr exampl i wanted to put a modle Cat and it sayed that i need to put CH_CATS.upk file to "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomChars" folder
    TS-folderto"MyDocuments\MyGames\UnrealTournament3\UTG ame\Published\CookedPC\CustomChars" folder and milyInfo_Cat.u file to "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script" folder.
    Ok i got it but when i enter documents and all that in Coked C i dont have customchar folder or script one so i make em and they dont wor i also amde a Custom chars in cokedPC in UT 3 folder gives me a small error about it but stil nothing ic ant use teh cahrs nor any mods.So can anyone plss explain to me step by step on how i can install and use mods and skins plssssss!

Yeah, you need to make the folders in the 'MyDocuments' like you did. After you place the files where they need to be, start up UT3. Go into your player customizing screen. The new characters will not show as their own group, so you will need to look through each group. Most of them will probably show up in the 'Iron Guard' group, though some will show up in different groups at times.

Edit - Also you need to edit the the UTCustomChar.ini in the Config folder. There show be a text file with the list of parts, will look something like this but a lot more lines:

Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="CH_COG_Team_UT3. Mesh.Baird_Head",PartID="CTB",FamilyID="IRNM")

Just copy and paste to the bottom of the UTCustomChar.ini, save the changes.

Comment

Still can't manage...why did they make it so hard to apply new chars now?I had no prob putting mew chars in previous UT why start now?Idk can't somen make some screen with a char as a example and show?

Comment

I there!...Help me too!!
        I'm not be able to install "locust sniper" and "Allgears"..ç_ç

Who can post a process to install??
        I have tried everything!!

Comment

Originally posted by RaizenX View Post
          Still can't manage...why did they make it so hard to apply new chars now?I had no prob putting mew chars in previous UT why start now?Idk can't somen make some screen with a char as a example and show?
          It changed due to the way the game engine renders things now. I'll make step by step with screenshots later. I'm at work right now.

Comment

k thanks I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

hm found a forum that explains good http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=612757&page=2 but its old now and ppl don't respond on it so ill ask here.when i try to play it it dosen't work at least when i try to get on hover board..the game gets stuck an i cant do anything.Plus i cant enter any servers..do sv allaw custom chars?!What can i do to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by RaizenX View Post
                hm found a forum that explains good http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=612757&page=2 but its old now and ppl don't respond on it so ill ask here.when i try to play it it dosen't work at least when i try to get on hover board..the game gets stuck an i cant do anything.Plus i cant enter any servers..do sv allaw custom chars?!What can i do to fix it?
                Glad you found a thread that helped you out.

As for the hoverboard, it might be that the creator forgot to add the hoverboard animation. What model/character are you trying to install and I'll try it on my PC to see if it happens to me.

I don't know why you can't enter servers. If the server doesn't allow custom characters, you'll be forced to use the 'Demo Guy' instead.

Comment

I am trying Cat model this it says its beta version he assures that there are no bugs!But it might be the model cause i managed to put FF7 Cloud model just fine.If someone can fix it i wold really appreaciate it http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/43104 ..btw you can get other skins from here to that look nice. A shame that there are just a few custom chars and mods seems ppl prefer to make models for older UT versions maby one day they will turn to UT 3 to!Till than im learning 3d max to make my own models

Comment

Working...
                  X