UT3 Login info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Login info

I recently purchased new hardware and built a new pc. Of course the first thing ive installed is UT3. Once installation was almost finished an error poped up claiming my ini file was out of date and needed to update or the game would crash. I clicked on ok and it finished installing. Once I started the game up and entered my login I tried to go to multi-player but an error message came up and said "You must set your player name and internet settings before entering multi-player. I clicked OK and it sent me to the screen for my net settings and clan tag. Inside the clan tag box was this. <Online Player Data:ProfileData.clan tag> I input my clan tag and filled out the rest of the internet settings and the rest of the profile data and clicked accept and back. Once again the same error message about setting up player name and net settings came up and when I did all the data I entered was gone replaced with the same things described earlier. I can fill the section again and again and the error message wont go away and I have to shut down UT3 with Task Manager. I know this is a bit long winded and I have searched through this forum before I posted, but cant find the answer. Any help would be appericated. Thanks
    CyD

Try deleting the My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 folder in your documents so UT3 creates a new one and make sure you have patch 1.2 installed.

I had a similar problem and it worked for me.

If it persists i dunno but maybe check if your Documents folder and UT3 installation folder isn't "read only".

Comment

Ill give it a shot.

Comment

I ended up creating a new profile and it works now. I think the problem might have been that the old install was on WinXP 64 and now its on WinXP 32bit. Anyway I had to redo all my settings but it works under the new profile. Just didnt want to have to redo all my stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X