Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet! Got a new mouse...****, it doesn't work in UT3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! Got a new mouse...****, it doesn't work in UT3...

Hey all, I just got a new mouse, it's a Razer Diamondback 3G, I got it specifically for UT3, cause it's really the only game I play alot, and my old one was a P.O.S . So anyways, It seems as though UT3 doesn't recognize the middle mouse button, which I use for alt fire, so it's fairly important. Also the extra side buttons don't work either, which isn't too important, although I'd like them to work. Also the scroll wheel does work to change weapons, and the mouse3 does work in other games. I've tried setting macros for each of the side buttons, and mouse3, so for example Ill set Mouse3 to "w", and in game bind alt fire to w, but when I hit Mouse3 nothing happens, even though hitting w does work. I submitted a ticket at the Razer support webpage, but they were completely useless, and basically told me to come here. Please, if anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are you sure you've got it properly installed, with the latest drivers?

I've got a G9, and while not all of the available buttons work, I can typically get 1-4 to work right.

Comment

Yep, installed the latest drivers (there's only one, as far as I know) Would uninstalling them disable my mouse? I thought about trying that, but don't wanna lose my mouse, cause I'm not very good at navigating with a keyboard. It's weird cause it works fine in other games, and other programs, just not the one I'm hopelessly addicted to...lol.

Comment

It shouldn't make the mouse stop working, it'll just disable any special features of it.

You might be able to manually bind the button via the .ini files.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatonDUBB View Post
          Yep, installed the latest drivers (there's only one, as far as I know) Would uninstalling them disable my mouse? I thought about trying that, but don't wanna lose my mouse, cause I'm not very good at navigating with a keyboard. It's weird cause it works fine in other games, and other programs, just not the one I'm hopelessly addicted to...lol.
          No it won't stop working. I actually never install any mouse drivers. The only downside is you won't be able to set custom DPI settings if that's applicable in your current software. What does that mean, well you'll be stuck with the default DPI settings. Example: my mx518 is stuck with teh 400/800/1600 dpi's.

Anyway, uninstall the drivers. I'd personally start in safe mode then uninstall. Once done you should be fine.

Comment

Ya I'll try that...I think I'd rather have my buttons working than have the OTF sensitivity...Oh well. Thanks for the replys!

Comment

So I uninstalled the drivers, and yay, I can use my mouse buttons...but , now I don't have On the fly sensitivity, which I was just starting to get used to...and realy liking. Oh well... guess I'll be stuck with one dpi...not a really big deal...untill Razer gets off their a$$es and updates their drivers to work correctly

Comment

Working...
              X