[PS3] Please fix error!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PS3] Please fix error!

I haven't been able to play the game for over a month because I keep getting the 'This game crashed due to user-created content' error.

I tried disabling my maps/mods. Didn't work.
    I tried deleting my maps/mods. Didn't work.
    I tried deleting the game data. Didn't work.

I have no maps/mods installed, and I'm still getting the error.

Why include this feature if it doesn't work?

Epic, please fix.

Thanks!

Works for me!

Something sounds real, real wrong. One thing you might want to check is that you have re-enabled mods, even though you have deleted them, it's worth a shot before you uninstall and reinstall UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathvein View Post
      I haven't been able to play the game for over a month because I keep getting the 'This game crashed due to user-created content' error.

I tried disabling my maps/mods. Didn't work.
      I tried deleting my maps/mods. Didn't work.
      I tried deleting the game data. Didn't work.

I have no maps/mods installed, and I'm still getting the error.

Why include this feature if it doesn't work?

Epic, please fix.

Thanks!
      At what point do you get the error? Usually you only get it come up after the game freezes & you have to reboot the PS3. Does it freeze while trying to play online on Midway servers, or during standard IA/Campaign gameplay? It's well known that attempting to join Midway servers will result in a PS3 freeze more often than not. The fact that you still get the error after getting rid of all mods would seem to indicate that they're not causing the problem.

It's been said many times, but there are very few mods out there that are known to crash the PS3. Out of over 250 mods I have uploaded to my PS3, IIRC only 3 could be traced back to a mod - WAR-Sentinels, DM-Tobi Arena (I think) & a mutator I can't remember the name of. The error message is misleading: "it appears that the game either lost power or crashed, potentially due to user-created content", so I guess they're just covering themselves

Comment

Yes, I get the error on Midway servers.

I haven't tried custom servers, as I'm not too fond of them due to lag and what not. But I will try and post the result!

Comment

I haven't tried custom servers, as I'm not too fond of them due to lag and what not. But I will try and post the result!
          It's not taken off yet, due to a number of people in the thread having exams coming up etc, but if you take a look here, you can put your name down with other PS3 users both in Europe & the States. The plan being to get groups of people in both areas, with a general consensus of what custom maps those people enjoy playing, with a view to organising custom online matches over the summer. Take a look

Comment

Does my description of the bug (brief: PS3 hangs when connecting to a (Midway) server) match your experience?

Note: I also get the message you mention after reboot of the PS3, during the restart sequence of UT3.

My annoyance is not so much the error message (mentioning custom maps) during restart of UT3, but rather the fact that UT3 hangs the PS3 and I need to use the On/Off button of the PS3 to escape from the hang. Do you also get the hang / freeze?

Other possibly related threads:
            http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=609511
            http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610429
            http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=611015

Comment

Working...
            X