Hosting and Joining Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosting and Joining Problems

Recently, when I try to join a friends game, I get the message 'Unable to join the game invite. The game may already be full' even though it is not. The same happens when I host. This doesn't happen with everyone, just the one person. We are able to join a different game together but not each others.

I was wondering what I could do to get around this and why it is happening. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

(Sorry if this has been previously posted by another user.)

Keep trying. Happens to me sometimes, but I don't know why. You could start hosting your matches. Hey, when do you want our clan match. I need times in Central Standard Time, and make it on Sat or Sun. Also, Please list your clan members PSN Names.

Lukec7, the Blackcats

Comment

Should probably move that conversation to the clans chat thread Desert created.

"You could start hosting your matches." - My problem is that by hosting my own matches a friend can't join.

Comment

I had a similar issue on my 360 with GRAW and it turned out to be my Terayon modem causing the problem though to this day any amount of reading has failed to really prove to me why this was the case. Is your PS3 on DMZ or at the very least has all the necessary ports open? If so you may be experiencing a similar issue as I was; however it's hard to be certain when mine was related to the 360 matchmaking and the stream of messages between the two consoles.

Comment

I'm using a Belkin modem and I went through the Network setup using automatic all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes View Post
            I'm using a Belkin modem and I went through the Network setup using automatic all the way.
            It had nothing to do with the setup so much as the traffic that was coming to the modem. With my webstar I can log into the router (as is the case with many cable and DSL modems) and lookup information such as my voltages, etc. and if I remember correctly there was a conflict with the packets being sent to the modem which were being redirected to the modem login handler in a sense and they therefore never made it to me or the friends game I was trying to join.

Comment

I'm have somewhat of a similar issue, however the problem is when either I or my mate try to host a game, we cannot connect to each other but a buddy of ours can connect to either of us just fine. And we can both connect to him just fine when he hosts. We have tried setting one of us up as DMZ but still no luck. I'm guessing it's a same IP issue of some sort, but was wondering if anyone knew of anyway around it or to resolve it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sidenote: We are not connected to a router per-say. We have a Speedstream 5200 to which I am connected via ethernet and my mate is connected via USB. Ports have been forwarded, firewalls disabled.

Comment

We haven't done as much as that yet, I changed a few settings and am waiting to give it another go, if that doesn't work i'll be in the same position as you. What gets me is that it worked about a week ago, but now it doesn't.

Comment

Ok, we fixed it, the problem was the router at his end. Thanks though Permafried-

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes View Post
                    Ok, we fixed it, the problem was the router at his end. Thanks though Permafried-
                    You're welcome. Good to hear it was a simpler solution that mine 'cause trying to explain it to my ISP to get a new modem was like pulling teeth but I eventually won out with the support I had behind me online .

Comment

Working...
                    X