Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lossy texture compression when importing into unreal ed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lossy texture compression when importing into unreal ed?

I have a whole bunch of custom content I am using for this mod thing I'm working on. A lot of the textures are in TGA format and are fine when I import them into the editor at first. When i close the editor and open it up again to work on it, all of the textures I imported are fuzzy.

Any ideas on why this is happening/how to fix the problem?

Thanks all.

P.S. I can upload some screen shots if it'll help.

Apply the texture to something, does it look fuzzy then?

If you open a package it generally doesn't load the textures at full resolution if there's a fair few of them, but the actual texture as the game would see it is fine.
    Clicking on it in the browser quite often makes it update to the high resolution version.

Comment

I tried everything from fully loading the package to clicking in the browser, the images are still blurry, including when I play the map. It typically wouldn't be a problem, but I'm trying to display text in the textures.

Comment

Just throwing this out there as a possibility, but is you texture detail set to 4 or 5?

Comment

I have the texture detail cranked all the way up.

Comment

This sounds like texture streaming doing its work to well, if it is not being used in game play it is not fully loaded by the engine and so forth looks fuzzy try turning streaming off in texture properties it should look better in the editor and in game.

Comment

Working...
            X