Visual C++ error on launch?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual C++ error on launch?!?!

Hey everyone, after I installed the game, I downloaded the latest patch and drivers for my graphics card, but i get this error message even before the splash screen shows up. The exact error message is:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have reinstalled with a clean reboot twice. Is anyone else having this problem and/or have a solution? Please help!

System:
    Dual NVidia GeForce 7600Gt SLI

posting your OS would be a good start.

Comment

oops...sorry, im a bit new to forums...

Windows XP Professional

Comment

Hmm...wonder what compiler was used for the UT3 engine (.net 2003, 2005, etc.). I don't remember the last time I came across a C++ runtime error with a released product but with the introduction of .net companies now need to start shipping the .net runtime with their products particularly starting with 2005 and up.

Out of curiosity while it shouldn't be required have you tried downloading the latest version of the .net framework via Windows update to see if this helps?

Comment

You're missing something essential such as the .Net framework, or another similar library.

Comment

if you're still having issues running it I was just thinking maybe something didn't install properly or got currupt on your first install. If you don't mind trying re-installing again try this:
            Uninstall UT3, then delete the Unreal Tournament 3 folders found in My Documents\My games\ and under \Program Files, uninstall Ageia Physx software, then restart, re-install, restart as the install requests, try to run UT3 and if that works patch to 1.2.
            Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X