Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inserting Cd Key Constantly- No Saves- No Ini Files... Answer- Please Fix With Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inserting Cd Key Constantly- No Saves- No Ini Files... Answer- Please Fix With Update

Found with my 'my documents' folder on a different drive, infact a dynamic drive, as that is how my computer was till i got this game.

The issue i had was every time the game loaded it had no settings saved as if it didn't know it ran before at all.

after finding my computer had no ini files on it but the default ones, and finding the game stores these files on the users documents folder i realized it didn't have the correct access to the drive or the game still was going to documents and settings on the windows drive by defualt and wasn't saving anything.

so this is an issue if you have pre vista and have my documents location changed.

fix would be to change it back to default and leave all your files where they are and use other links to get to the real my documents.

this is still a headache because shortcuts need to be fixed afterwards as well.

i tested this and it worked.... so an update allowing the user to choose where to put the save data / or this user folder i had problems with would be nice,

now with vista users will have the same problem because with uac turned off certain non windows programs don't have access to the my documents folder, as this is only with the uac turned off. so turn it on , and deal with prompts, or hope epic coders take my word and fix this... granted its easy to do when building the game.

ahhhhhhhhhhh... now i have 2 cd keys because i thought it was steam issues, but really was a my documents folder location issue...
Working...
X