changing name of downloaded maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing name of downloaded maps

I wanted to add a letter to maps to specify if they were Arena, Sniper and such. I downloaded and installed Gael, which is an arena. I added the '_A' to the end of the map name, no go. I added it to the name in the .ini and got both Gael and Gael_A. When I tried to play the Gael_A I got something in a foriegn language and had to Ctrl_Alt_Del to get out of it. I then moved the game out of the folder, but that Gael_A is still there. Is there some place the map names are stored that I can go into and get rid of it?

Also, what would I have to do to mark maps as to what kind they are? (without messing up the game....)

Map names are done by the author of the map, I advise you don't rename them since when people connect to your server they will only end up redownloading a map they allready have.

Originally posted by snoopy55 View Post
    When I tried to play the Gael_A I got something in a foriegn language
    That would be lorem ipsum bla bla bla, which is placeholder text.

Comment

I don't have a server and would not leave my system open for people to download from.

Comment

Sorry, my bad, I assumed you where running a server (thats what happens when I spend most of my time in the server admin section, lol). Well, Map name can be changed in the editor, it will require recooking. This could turn out to be more hassle than it is worth.

Comment

OK, that will take care of the renaming of them, now how do i get that dratted Gael_A out of the game? It does not exist where the games are stored.

Comment

The Gael_A is there because you renamed it in the ini for the map, the name in the ini must exactly match that of the map (set in the editor)

Comment

OK, I got that part, but, when I'm putting maps into the game I put them into folders to keep it easy to move thru. I pulled that folder out. The original name of 'Gael' is no longer there, but the 'Gael_A' is still there. I'm figuring the game has a place where it stores the names of maps. This is what I'm looking for so I can remove the 'Gael_A' name from the map list.

Comment

Working...
              X